Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a manual '82 Rampage, and I have been fooling with these brakes since May - Master Cylinder, lines, leaks, you name it. Finally, FINALLY I get to wear I can bleed the brakes and what happens? The bleed screw snaps off. Completely seized. Now I have to replace the whole part.
Okay, I need to do some work on the brakes anyway, they're old.
The entire thing is completely frozen on. Spins fine, little grinding, I can see a gap around the center (pictured) and that's it. I have hammered it, WD40d it, I've tried a puller, tried loosening the shoes, whole thing.
The shoe adjuster is seized and won't turn.
The drum is completely stuck on and the only thing I can think of it that there's something holding it on. If anyone has suggestions, solutions, or even sees something I have missed, please help me. I am so sick of working on these brakes, especially when the damn thing runs and drives.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Ah, my suggestion would be to put down the tools and pick up the service manual. Taking the center cap off, and removing the LARGE NUT AND WASHER should help.:eek: The drum gets pulled WITH the studs!

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Rim Hubcap
Automotive tire Steering part Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, my suggestion would be to put down the tools and pick up the service manual. Taking the center cap off, and removing the LARGE NUT AND WASHER should help.:eek: The drum gets pulled WITH the studs!

View attachment 277200 View attachment 277201
I have watched about 50 videos and it seems like everyone assumes I should know that. I don't, I'm just an art teacher with a hobby.
Thanks, that makes it make sense.

·
Super Moderator
11,857 Posts
like trailer brakes or an older car with drum brakes up front , you remove the spindle nuts

you'll wanna read up on reinstalling spindle nuts .. they are ment to be snug ,, not lose or tight..

everyone has to start somewhere with something..

then you invent your own screw ups.. like a guy on another site I use..
finished up doing whatever he was doing with his bell housing inspection cover / torque converter..buttoned everything up .. started his supercharged f150 lightning and .. heard an odd grinding noise

then everything went to hell..

shutting the truck off and looking he realized he had left his socket and ratchet .. on the bolt in the front of the crank..
shopping now for , trans lines , rad hose, rad shroud..fan..

it's OK to simply not know something
entirely another to be thinkin .."hey I didn't need to eff this up"..

so , be happy.."expert" grade mistakes REALLY suck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts