Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my 85 Plymouth Caravelle E-body back on the road, but all window channel runs and scrapers are bad. I could only find "universal" parts.

Has anybody any other info about replacing the window channel run and window scrapers(weatherstrip belt) before I spend $$$ we all don't have?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Take pics of what your after. I know of an 87 600 4 door at Take-a-Part. If it's there next time I am, I'll see if they are worth a damn. Hell, the car is nicer than 90% of the vehicles my family ever drove, so I imagine they are in fair condition. I could get them, take pics, send for cost and shipping. I'm sure they would be cheap. Only question: how easily are they removed?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are not easy to remove with out dammage. The inner wipes were stapled on my door trim. The outers were cliped into the door but broke when I pulled on one. I found a 86 Dodge 600 in a yard near me and tried but no luck as the rubber is hard. I will go back and get the door mid-line trims off after drilling out rivits.

I have found close replacements now after a few hours indepth searching with correct terminology. Found much more with "door glass weatherstrip belt" and "window channel run"

Guess I'll be the test animal and order and hope they will fit. Got to fix up the ole Caravelle, I had it since 1991!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Naj, and after taking more measurments, I'm going to order one set which should be enough for the front doors(8' window run channel) and 3 of 32" belt strips from Rockauto.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts