Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Help,help,help,help!

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  rockertalon 
#1 ·
okay so i got my van, got an inter cooler setup,bov,boost controller and boost gauge for it,installed everything at once,come to find out i have no boost and was never making boost since i owned the car(couple months now), when i did the install i also took the liberty of removing the valve cover to paint as well as have better access to vacuum lines. while doing this i found out what i thought was the reason i never had boost, turns out some idiot had gotten the waste gate controller line pinched between the valve cover and head and punctured it, so since i was running an unplugged gate you'd think it would have been spooling like no ones business but nope, no boost the entire time ive owned it including now(i just thought it was slow because of the low computer controlled boost). so what the fudge is wrong? when i first installed everything i cleaned up the vacuum hoses got rid of the air box,put aftermarket cone filter on, ran vacuum to everything that needs vacuum from the throttle body's,apparently that wasn't right. i am currently running everything off the brake booster except the waste gate,which is unplugged still. runs okay,stalls out sometimes on a major deceleration ,check engine lights sometimes,then goes away when you restart. the waste gate arm seems to be moving about a bit,not positive if its connected to the swing valve or not,cars too hot right now to check for sure. ANY suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated,i LOVE Red Refrigerator to death and i want her to work properly :(

See less See more
#2 ·
does it have the bov on it lol i just bought a 89 that someone took the air box off and they didnt know the line to the bottom of it was the bov. lol. but make sure the turbo spins and if it does the waste gate might be off its a common thing. have had the same issue before. :)

#3 ·
well currently i have my oil catch can running into that old bov line. could that in fact be my issue? should i put a one way valve on it? also do i really need any of all those one way valves they have in the stock setup? i see everyone just running vacuum block and lines so i assumed you didnt need them.

#5 ·
The vacuum block only gives you multiple manifold vacuum ports, the lines that come from it to components still need to be routed/connected correctly with the same orifices/check valves that were installed by the factory.
The check valves allow vacuum on a component but do not allow boost to enter that line to that component.

I do not recommend using one vacuum source for all components.
The vacuum system on our cars is crucial to engine perfromance.
If you lose vacuum to the Map and or FPR the whole fuel control system is off.
Install a vacuum block, route the lines correctly or you will have driveabilty issues.

The BOV is open with vacuum and closed with boost.
Without the BOV your boost is just venting to the atmosphere.

#17 ·
The vacuum block only gives you multiple manifold vacuum ports, the lines that come from it to components still need to be routed/connected correctly with the same orifices/check valves that were installed by the factory.
The check valves allow vacuum on a component but do not allow boost to enter that line to that component.

I do not recommend using one vacuum source for all components.
The vacuum system on our cars is crucial to engine perfromance.
If you lose vacuum to the Map and or FPR the whole fuel control system is off.
Install a vacuum block, route the lines correctly or you will have driveabilty issues.

The BOV is open with vacuum and closed with boost.
Without the BOV your boost is just venting to the atmosphere.

\ what are each of those 2 lines there on your throttle body? one is smaller and one is bigger,what should i use them for?

#9 ·
ooh for some reasion i thought you had the stock bov unhooked with stock boost tube lol my bad. miss rear that. on my phone. but if your having issue's with a no boost then your waste gate's unhooked. becuse if the vac lines are not going to it then it should be pushing around 20psi lol sorry for the miss understanding :D

#11 ·
lol the catch can part thats got me thinking stock bov spot, can you post a picture of the set up please? and you should have the pcv hooked to the mani vacum sorce then to the 3 way fitting then to a catch can off the lower spot,

this is how i have my set up on my charger its shady i understand but it works lol,
the tube comming from the top of the intake tube is my pcv off the pcv valve thing

and to defend my self i just got it running at this point lol it looks horrid!

#14 ·
The little hose you have that runs from your pcv valve to your intake tube i have running into the inlet on my oil catch can, i then have the outlet of the oil catch can running into the stock blow off valve tube that connects to the stock charge pipe off the turbo to the inter cooler. How do you not understand this? Its pretty basic dude.lol

#16 ·
even though that hose is so small? the rest of the piping is 2.5" youd think at least some would get through and i know thats not the problem because as i stated before the van in its stock form had a leak on the wastegate control line so it should have been boosting to hell the whole time ive owned it,which it has not been. i think i would known when i hit fuel cut.ha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.