Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Vacuum leak somewhere. Usually if it keeps revving like that, it's a pretty big one, like the brake booster line or something.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gary's site said it is the pneumatic MAP sensor or something to that effect, thing is, what the hell does that mean?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
89CSX#179 said:
gary's site said it is the pneumatic MAP sensor or something to that effect, thing is, what the hell does that mean?
The MAP sensor gets its reading from the vacuum/boost in the vacuum lines. (Pneumatic = air) If there is a leak somewhere, the MAP will pick up an erratic reading and throw a code.

And yeah, I'm not sure when code 12 actually goes away, it's lasted months and months for me.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
yup...it did the same thing for me. I re-did the vac lines and it went away.

·
Registered
255 Posts
same here with my 85 GLH-T. It would stay around 3K at idle. changed computers . . nothing, changed Throttle Position Sensor . . . nothing, redid some vacuum lines . . . never happened again. that is probably your problem.

Jake Bauer

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
i thought code 12 was "start of codes"

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
jdawg said:
i thought code 12 was "start of codes"
hah....it would seem so after awhile huh? It just means your battery has been disconnected/died in the last 40 starts.....I'm sure most of you guys get to the 39th start and then for one reason or another, you have to unplug the battery again!! :rolleyes:
-Lee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts