Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a few questions that im sure have been asked 1000 times but im gonna ask anywaym its all on a 84 daytona T1, 1 what size it the nut on the exhaust mabifold studs, what size is the stud also, 2 i have an aftermarket intercooler is it worth installing i heard its will give me more lag unless i put more boost to it which leads me to my 3rd ??? how can i get more boost from the stock turbo, i heard you can shorten the arm that activates the wastegate is this true? if you can help im tring to get it ready for tomorrow is drag racing at my local track so its 11:35 central time if your reading this and you can help feel free to email, text, call, send a messanger pidgon, or reply to this thread.(email me for num)

G

·
you cant intercool the "log"manifold,you would need to get the kit to intercool it or get the later intake for it and as far as the boost,you need a manual boost controller and the supporting mods if you plan to go past 14 psi

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i can afford a boost controller and i have no time i have to be at the track in 18 hours, lol so i ditch the intercooler idea, i already have a accell ignition and cold air intake and cat back exhaust, i just want to know what i can do on the cheap to increase boost

G

·
well,ive heard its ok and not ok to run an intercooler at 12 psi,other than turning up the boost without the mods and going higher than 14 ish psi thats about it LOL

weight reduction???

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Its not easy on a FWD car. You need to learn the ups and downs of your car and at what RPM to launch. A good set of drag radials or slicks, filled motor mounts, some good suspension and alignment along with some experience can get you a pretty good launch and a much better 60'

·
Premium Member
4,344 Posts
Just use a mbc at 12 lbs and you'll be right at cutout. 84s are harder to intercool because of the electronics. See my post on "difference in 84 -85" in the forum section. It shows how to intercool an 84 without rewiring the whole car! It's how to make a pull-thru intercooled 84.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you dont mind replacing the clutch you can learn how the slip the clutch just enuff to get off the line with out wheel spin if you get good at it you wont burn the clutch to much.

I done this with a 85 laser the only mods were cut off the cat an muffler manual boost controller set at 13psi then riched up the fuel sys ( not something I would do an purpose but the o2 sensor broke off in the pipe so I left it unhoked made a A/F of 12.4 to 1)

It would run 13.4 to 13.6 deppending on how much I slipped the clutch. It also helps to do this when shifting from gear to gear dont push the clutch all the way down and back off the throttle just enuff to slow the engine enuff that it dose not overrev. this will keep you in boost when you shift. but it is hard on the clutch and trans so BE CAREFULL.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok guys thinks for the help, i got it ready for the track, (gateway international raceway midnight madness) ill post tonight my times. wih me luck, also anyone got any idea what this should run, i have a cat back, cold air, accell super stock coil, 7.5mm accell wires and ngk plugs, a/c delete, and lowered 2in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts