Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new TD home safe and sound monday night, and now it's time for the once-over to get it in tiptop shape. So far I have:

Cap
Rotor
Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires
Coil
Air Filter
Fuel filter
Timing Belt
Drive Belts
Oil Change

Am I missing anything?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
headgasket

·
Registered
501 Posts
If your going to do the coil for good measure, you might as well do the hep :laugh: . Sounds like a pretty good list, maybe an o2.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
rad flush and fill and then blast some water thru your heater core from the bottom hose, with the hoses still attached so you can flush out the heater core as well

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Garret said:
rad flush and fill and then blast some water thru your heater core from the bottom hose, with the hoses still attached so you can flush out the heater core as well
Good idea.

i think i'll swap the rocker arms while i'm at it. Sliders = loud.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ke6960 said:
WARNING... POSSIBLE STUPID QUESTION ...WARNING

whats dielectric mean.....????

Dielectric grease is what you put in all the connecting harnesses. It keeps out moisture, preventing corrosion or possible shorts.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
at least check all the bulbs: Headlights, tails, blinkers, markers...etc...and check other fluids....brake and washer....maybe replace vacume lines if they are the old plastic crappy ones...they like to crack and cause vacume leaks.....

·
Registered
703 Posts
Depending on the cars mileage possibly fuel injectors.
Possibly an upgrade if future mods are planned.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Injectors, huh. Would injectors from an '88 T2 work well without problems? or will I have to adjust the fuel pressure?

I was thinking about this as I have a noisey injector.

·
Registered
238 Posts
iTurbo said:
Motor mounts! These are always trashed in every TD I come across for sale. Check your brake pads and lines too.
for motor mounts whats the general consensus oem replacements or something a little stiffer???

and if the brake lines need to be replaced do u suggest braided or are they not really all that much better???

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
For motor mounts I would get either Mopar Performance or Polybushings.com The MP are higher durometer rubber and are stiffer than stock. The PB.com are polyurethane. I have had MP mounts in my Omni and Lancer for several years now and they have held up great. I have PB.com motor mounts for my Spirit R/T, although I haven't installed them yet. You'll likely find that OEM mounts are a lot more expensive than MP or PB.com. Don't go with aftermarket parts store mounts; they suck.

If your stock rubber brake lines are deteriorating, I would replace them with the SS braided ones that FWDP carries. Check to make sure they aren't splitting on the outside or swollen. A bad hose can cause brake failure or a sticking/dragging caliper.

I bought a set of the SS braided brake lines from FWDP for my Omni, although I haven't installed them yet. My stock brake lines looked OK, but I have the front and rear sub-frames removed from the vehicle so now will be the easiest time to replace them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts