Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a UltraStart Remote/Alarm system on my cruiser.
But i can not figure out where to hook up the wire that would go to the dome light switch, that would tell the alarm system that the doors are open.
According to Bulldog Alarm hook up instructions it says it should be a blue wire in a white connector behind the fuse box. But I still am not sure.
If you have hooked one up or can help in anyway it would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
What signal do you need?

The door ajar switch supplies a ground to the BCM. There is one circuit for the driver's door and another for the remaining 3 doors and hatch.
Refer to page 8W-40-8 of the 2002 service manual.

8W-44-2 & 3 show the dome lamp circuit. Ground is supplied by the BCM to illuminate the lamps.

The bulbs and the switches have B+ on them all the time. It's the ground that gets switched.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured out that the drivers door is seperate from the others.
But if I use the drivers door, if one of the others is opened. The alarm would't go off.
So what I am thinking is having the gound hooked up at the dome lights, since they are grounded to turn on the lights ?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I would look at C-201 pin 2. It's a yellow wire that goes from the BCM lamps driver to the dome light.

C201 is on the right side of the instrument panel. Refer to page 8W-91-30 of the 2002 manual.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Tie signal wires from both front doors to your input, but use diodes on both to keep the system isolated. The rears and hatch are connected with the passeneger front door, so you only need both fronts.

Brad

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, what I did was hook a relay up to the dome light. When it grounds to turn on the light. It engages the relay which supplys the ground for the alarm..
It works great !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts