Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by a buddy of mine that I couldnt put a cold air intake on my 1989 daytona(2.2 turbo II) because there is a flow sensor in the computer housing itself. Is this true? What all would I need to completely make it a good looking cold air intake setup like so many of you have? I'm new to the forum and thanks in advance for some answers/info.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
There is no sensor, but the computer does use the airflow to cool off the electronics. SO many people use the cold air intakes that apparently the need for cooling air isn't a must. But at the very least open up the computer and clean off any junk from the heatsinks so that they are at least as efficient as possible.

Keep in mind a cold air setup isn't drawing cold air unless you get the intake out of the engine bay.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Think you gotta make one up. Plenty of pieces parts on e-bay to do this.

Use the search function on the site - sure you will stumble across a helpful link.

·
Legendary Driver
10,963 Posts
for my 3" on my ShelbyZ I bought 3" exhaust bends and 3" hose and just coupled them together. For the 3" on a friends old 85 Laser we used 3" ABS pipe, fitted, cut and glued it all together. Worked pretty good. Car went 14.9 at 12-13psi with me driving.

·
Registered
119 Posts
On my wannabe GLH and soon to be on my van, I just used a chunk of pipe and a cone air filter. Total setup cost me around $15. I relocated the battery and put it just behind my headlight, about as good as I could get. In the van I don't think I'm going to go this far, but to be honest I'm just adding it for additional flow. A cone filter should flow more than the stock airbox and junk.

There are a few opinions out there about how well a CAI even works on a turbo engine as the turbo heats the air anyway, but more flow is a good thing and no one will argue that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts