Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1983 dodge omni 2.2l n/a and I just put my weber on and I need to adjust the throttle linkage cable. In my factory service manuals it doesn't show how to do it.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
i am not sure they are adjustable, mine did not require adjustment after the weber installation

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
i will look on my turismo for some adjustments, but mine was all good,

if you have a pic post it up, connected to the throttle linkage so i can help you

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will take a video and upload it to youtube for you tomorrow and show you my problem I'm having so I can be really clear.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
sounds great, i will look for it tomorrow

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry didn't get to the video I just took the carb off because I think it has something to do with the bracket I modified to fit the weber. I will post a follow up after I tinker with the carb and put it back on.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Here is my problem I'm having with my weber

The modified bracket from the holley work fine but when I put the choke piece on it wants to like stop in the middle of when I'm pressing on the throttle.

Example:I press on the throttle and the car goes all the way wide open throttle then just stops in the middle when returing back, It doesn't return all of the way back. This is with the carb off of the car!

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
The modified bracket from the holley work fine but when I put the choke piece on it wants to like stop in the middle of when I'm pressing on the throttle.

Example:I press on the throttle and the car goes all the way wide open throttle then just stops in the middle when returing back, It doesn't return all of the way back. This is with the carb off of the car!
The example you give sounds right for cold start. The throttle blades get held open a little extra to raise the RPMs when the engine is cold. As the coil in the electric choke warms up, it will begin to open the choke and to allow the Fast Idle to step down. When the choke is fully open, there wont be a Fast Idle and the throttle blades should close all the way to your Base Idle setting.
You can test this off the car with you linkage hooked back up: Crank the throttle so the choke plates close and the throttle blades hang open a little, then apply voltage to the electric choke for few minutes or so ( I dont know what time you have your electric choke set for, if you even set it yet). After a bit you should see the choke blades opening more and more as you operate the throttle to simulate driving around. When you see the choke fully opened, the throttle should act the same as in your video with the choke disconnected. Dont forget to disconnect the voltage from the choke element when you're done testing it off the car.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think it suppose to do it because when I move the throttle off of the car the throttle(where the linkage on the car goes), It doesn't go all of the way back like return to its orginal postion. I will post a video with the actual problem happening.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
that does sound like your linkage is binding up on the return trip, how strong is your throttle return spring and can you manually operate the throttle from idle throttle to WO throttle

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
is your rod turning in the hole on the bracket, you dont want no play in bracket,

hard to explain but i am pretty sure, your problem is in either your bracket or you have the spring on the rod installed incorrectly

and i fixed the link LOL

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The return spring works and i think it has something to do with the choke side because with out the choke lever connected it doesn't do it at all and works perfect. So it isn't the bracket or the return spring SO what else could it be I'm stumped

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
look at part 54 and 55 in the diagram below:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Is your linkage behind the choke housing getting hung on the fast idle cam, if not how tight is your fast idle arm (connects your rod to throttle bracket) as that may not be allowing it to fully return if it has maxed out on geometry

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will check all of this tomorrow,but what do you mean by fast idle arm can you show me it in the parts diagram posted above. like give me a number of the part in the picture.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Can't see it in the foto but it gets connected to the choke rod that's connected to your throttle bracket

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So you mean the modified vw bracket that I did to use for the choke. I will check all of this tomorrow and reply with results

1 - 20 of 31 Posts