Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brake, power mirror, and interior lights fuse continually blows, and I have no clue what to do.

I've tried replacing the brake switch, and I've look at the connection to most of the lights as well as the power mirror and brake lights.

I also checked most of the wires coming from the wiring harness.

I was wondering if anyone could hook me up with a wiring diagram, or information of a similar problem that they may have had.

thanks.

:bang head

·
Administrator
25,739 Posts
I am going out for awhile so I will get you a wiring diagram either later tonight or tomorrow evening. Is it an 87 or 88?

·
Administrator
25,739 Posts
If you are blowing a fuse you have a short to ground or a component that has excessive current draw.
What is the fuse # of the fuse that blows.
What has to happen for the fuse to blow? Operate mirrors, step on brake, open door, etc.

·
Registered
136 Posts
check your cigarette lighter.. maybe a penny fell in there... or, the lighter itself may be bad.. this happend to me before..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah, I found the problem.

apparently my flasher control for my blinkers had somehow wound up too close to my fuse box, which had a pointless horizontal bracket/brace.

so I taped up the flasher control, and took off the bracket thing, because there was a current arching through from it to the bracket going straight to my main buss connection in my fuse box causing the fuse to blow.

I mean,

who would've guessed?

but since you guys know stuff, what would cause my engine to sputter like it's missing in the distributor?

I changed the park plug wires, plugs are fine and the compression is fine, recently had the engine rebuilt because the head gasket blew.

fuel injection is fine, and the distributor has been replaced.

so I can't really think of anything that would be the deal.

and it's driving me nuts.

it's been doing this for years, and my buddy that runs my preferred drag machine shop is outta town, and said that he'd help me when he gets back.

but I can't wait that long.:mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts