Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, and thanks for any input. i'm putting together a basket case omni glh...got in about ten boxes and looking for some close up pics of the engine compartment of an 86 turbo1 omni glh to refer to while i'm putting back together. mainly sensors and wiring, got the engine back together and dropped in now working on the wire harness.
thanks for any help. justin

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's am 86 omni glh turbo1, i have parts for all different engines and weeding through all parts and i put in the oringal 2.2t1, three diff throtle bodies and i think i have the right one picked out three diff alts with brackets and harnesses attached to all three, also think i have the right one picked out. i'm just looking for a pic to refer to as i did not take apart and everything was in boxes and not marked anyway so i'm just guessing as i go. if anyone has an 86 omni glh a pic would be a great help. thanks

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
What do you need a picture of, or advice on, specifically?

I'd be glad to help out, but your request is way too gereral:bang head

I think buying a set of shop manuals would be the intelligent thing to do first.
-you can pick them up for 30 - 50 dols a set.:nodding:

Coming on here to ask everyone to take pictures of EVERYTHING is just plain rude and ignorant, IMHO:mad:

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
Here are some Alternator pics:

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
i have a chilton man and 2.2-2.5 performance man that came with i'm just looking for a pic of an engine in the car to refer to as i'm just guessing where things go.
Look, I like helping out a fellow TD'er.:D

Maybe the original post was too vague, considering you had a post-count of '1'.
(lots of times people come on here, ask a bunch of vague questions and then after everyone tries to help them, they wind up posting that it was too hard and they crushed the car):(

I think Chilton manuals are absolute garbage:bang head

I posted the pics of the alt bracket because alot of times the little piece gets lost. :)

Introduce yourself in the lounge and ask specific questions in their respective sub-forums.

Best of luck:thumb:

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Look, I like helping out a fellow TD'er.:D

Maybe the original post was too vague, considering you had a post-count of '1'.
(lots of times people come on here, ask a bunch of vague questions and then after everyone tries to help them, they wind up posting that it was too hard and they crushed the car):(

I think Chilton manuals are absolute garbage:bang head

I posted the pics of the alt bracket because alot of times the little piece gets lost. :)

Introduce yourself in the lounge and ask specific questions in their respective sub-forums.

Best of luck:thumb:
this car will not go to the crusher...or leave me with out it running. just going to keep plugging away at it till i get it finished and running.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this thread was a waist of my time. i was just looking for a picture to refer to as i did not take apart and was given to me in boxes, was hopping to get running to save gas by driving and parking my truck and only using truck to tow boat and in the snow. i cant believe 122 people looked at this thread and not one can load a pic of there engine compartment...not looking to steal your ideas or anything just trying to figure out where everything goes.
thanks alot, justin :bang head

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
this thread was a waist of my time. i was just looking for a picture to refer to as i did not take apart and was given to me in boxes, was hopping to get running to save gas by driving and parking my truck and only using truck to tow boat and in the snow. i cant believe 122 people looked at this thread and not one can load a pic of there engine compartment...not looking to steal your ideas or anything just trying to figure out where everything goes.
thanks alot, justin :bang head
WOAH DUDE...

Whats with the attitude? You mentioned having a bunch of different alts, so I posted some alt pics. You can't even see the alt from the top of the motor.
A picture of an engine compartment? Whats that going to do for you?
Show you which way the valve cover goes on? Get real.
I told you What you should do... Look for info in each section.

122 people and no pics? Not a ton of people here are all about running log T-I's.
Those who do seem not to be picture-happy.

Bottom line, not too many people are willing to help someone who won't help themselves.

Lemme guess... your internet doesn't have Google?

first pic on Google:

More:

I'll stop there.

I would post some detailed diagrams from the Factory Service Manuals but you got a Chilton manual, so you should be set.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank you screaming4banger, sorry about the adatude. was googling but only got pics of the outside of cars. your alt pics did help...had the right one on. i was looking for some pics like just posted. now i can see where everything kinda goes. this is what it looked like when i got it, going to save those pics now to refer to as i put the wiring harness back in. thanks justin

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
i guess the pictures did not load. one more try. oh well i dont know how to change the file size so they wont be put up.
I like to use TinyPic - Share the Experience!™(You could use Photobucket, but then its in an album you would be compelled to keep organized:p)

when you upload it, Tinypic will give you a resize option if you need it.
Then you can copy the link and paste it right in your post.
the pics of the alt were hosted with Tinypic
The engine pictures were simply hot-linked to wherever they already were, one of them looks like it went down already:(

I like to do my own cropping and re-sizing with Paint.Net.
It's free and open-source and stupid-simple to use.
You can get that here: [url=http://www.getpaint.net/]Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing[/url]( for Windows)
I then upload to tinypic using the "default" file size cause I already re-sized.

[IMG]http://i31.tinypic.com/301f1g3.jpg

When code is pasted into the post, It looks like this:

[IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/r2npr6.jpg

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.