Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Re: Helpful TIII Info & FAQ's

Here is one more that every TIII owner should know.....

TIMING BELT TENSION SHOULD BE AT ALL TIMES 95 FT/LBS!!!!!!

I have found this to be the best number. 110 is too tight and causes a little wear to start on the I-shaft bearings at the 9-11 o'clock position. Too loose will eventually cause the I-shaft teeth and/or oil pump teeth to strip off.

·
Registered
143 Posts

Were can we find the tension gauge or tester for this>?
i called my usual speedshop (do mostly V8) and he dont have a clue what im talkin about.. and the ordinairy auto parts dont know either.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts

I got mine on ebay.

·
Registered
545 Posts
LOL, I didn't even use a tension gauge. A mechanic I know just slapped on the belt and guessed at a good tension. He said he's done so many that he doesn't need a gauge. Oddly enough, I never had any problems. Ever. I still don't know what tension it was at.

·
Registered
75 Posts
^ don't mean to bring up a sore subject (although I don't think he's on this site anymore anyway), but the car that's the subject of that last post is now toast due to a snapped intermediate shaft, and has been parted...

Another vote for checking your timing tension although he didn't know it at the time...:p

·
Registered
78 Posts
shifter bushings

Are you refering to the spherical bushings on each end of the shifter cables? It looks like one end at the shifter can be replaced, that one is gone, and so are both of them at the trans. What are my options?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts