Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy I got this from was so amazing. Chose to save a car and take a loss on it rather than part it or junk it and actually make some money. I was in no position whatsoever to get this, but he worked w/ me for $50.
This thing has been sitting since before winter started. He says the clutch went out of it, but I need to look into it a bit more to make sure thats it. Anyone help me on confirming that as a problem?
Anyways, its a TII as you can see, 125ish on the clock, pretty decent interior, engine purs like a kitten, no surface rust, and very very minimal underbody rust (Im guessing its not a midwest car).
Other than diagnosing the clutch thing, whats everyone's take on this:
He says that he ran 19PSI on this regularly, the guy before him had also. Its got the Dawes boost controllers and cutout raisers, A/F meter, etc...supposedly not running lean, but he said he ran it regularly and it was amazing. How badly beaten up is this engine? I ran 16 regularly w/ a log intake, no I/C. I just don't understand that the engine sounds so damn good. He said there is a newer head in it also. Opinions? Glad to hear anything, this is my first TD since selling my last one 3 years ago! This car has BIG PLANS!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Holy crap! That's a sweet ride for the money! Coincidently that is the same thing I'm holding out on getting. Same year, Same color. Supposed to be getting ahold of me this summer when he gets ready to move he's gonna give me a ring to pick up the car. Didn't look at it too close but needs paint, has one dime size spot of rust, T TOPS:thumb: Didn't see if it was leather but it had no rear louver so the seats are crap. But he said he didn't want a lot for it so I may get it pretty reasonable:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well....... are you sure you didn't meen $500 dollars? What happens when you try to put it in gear? try all the gears including reverse. Also I see it has an alarm. that needs to be facing the groung in a spot where it can see the ground, "if you haven't already". that makes it much louderand the sound carries further. If your careful you can take off the tranny without dropping the engine. if you didn't aready know that. I was able to swap out a clutch on a friends car in about 2 hours being careful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts