Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this plug that goes into the back of the block and the end was cut-off, so I have no idea where it hooks up. It plugs into the block between cylinder 2+3 about 2-3 inches from the deck. I didn't see any cut wires in the harness , but I didn't look too hard yet. Can anyone tell me what this is and where it hooks up?

Second, I think the machine shop mixed up my cam gears when they polished my cams:eek:. I just wanted to make sure. I put the exhaust cam(i thought)in and placed the keeper on the end. Then, I put in the intake cam in and when I went to put on the keeper it wouldn't fit in the slot! I noticed that the intake keeper was wider than the exhaust cam keeper, is this correct? I took out the exhaust cam and looked at the part number( first section=444second section-50742-2oposite side=2939)and then the other cam has the exact some part numbers stamped!!! Anyway, the cams have different sized slots for the keepers so I switched the cams and now the keepers fit. Is this correct? They only fit in one way correct, big keeper on intake with bigger slotted cam+smaller keeper on exhaust with smaller slotted cam? Are the part numbers suppose to be the same? Is, there anyway to tell intake/exhaust from part#'s? Sorry for all the questions:D

Thanks

· Registered
243 Posts
I have this plug that goes into the back of the block and the end was cut-off, so I have no idea where it hooks up. It plugs into the block between cylinder 2+3 about 2-3 inches from the deck. I didn't see any cut wires in the harness , but I didn't look too hard yet. Can anyone tell me what this is and where it hooks up?

Second, I think the machine shop mixed up my cam gears when they polished my cams:eek:. I just wanted to make sure. I put the exhaust cam(i thought)in and placed the keeper on the end. Then, I put in the intake cam in and when I went to put on the keeper it wouldn't fit in the slot! I noticed that the intake keeper was wider than the exhaust cam keeper, is this correct? I took out the exhaust cam and looked at the part number( first section=444second section-50742-2oposite side=2939)and then the other cam has the exact some part numbers stamped!!! Anyway, the cams have different sized slots for the keepers so I switched the cams and now the keepers fit. Is this correct? They only fit in one way correct, big keeper on intake with bigger slotted cam+smaller keeper on exhaust with smaller slotted cam? Are the part numbers suppose to be the same? Is, there anyway to tell intake/exhaust from part#'s? Sorry for all the questions:D

Thanks
The exhaust cam gear has the ridge thing around it, to keep the belt in place. Hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.