Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Phil. I live in Vevay, Indiana. I worked a Chrysler dealship when all of the front wheel drive cars started coming off the transports and on the the car lot. It was a fun time seeing these cars come in and test drive fresh turbo Daytona Shelby"s. I still have all of the1990 factory service manuals that i kept all these years, hoping to find my dream car a 90 VNT. I have owned a 1989 Shelby Daytona that I serviced when it came in new, and found years later. After all of the time wanting a Shelby VNT, I finally found one. a 1990 Dodge Shelby Daytona VNT. Took a 7 hour trip to get it though! I am totaly going to restore the outside..... I was a Chrysler certified Body/Paint Tech for ten years and had my own collision center for 25.

·
Administrator
25,367 Posts
Hi my name is Phil. I live in Vevay, Indiana. I worked a Chrysler dealership when all of the front wheel drive cars started coming off the transports and on the the car lot. It was a fun time seeing these cars come in and test drive fresh turbo Daytona Shelby's. I still have all of the1990 factory service manuals that i kept all these years, hoping to find my dream car a 90 VNT. I have owned a 1989 Shelby Daytona that I serviced when it came in new, and found years later. After all of the time wanting a Shelby VNT, I finally found one. a 1990 Dodge Shelby Daytona VNT. Took a 7 hour trip to get it though! I am totally going to restore the outside..... I was a Chrysler certified Body/Paint Tech for ten years and had my own collision center for 25.
Welcome To TD!!!
You should probably post this in "New Member Intro's" in "Board Discussion" so the whole of the members can see it and welcome you.
I can move it for you if you like.

I also own a 90 Daytona VNT that I bought new in December of 1989 and she has been my only car and daily driver since 1997, just like me however, we are both showing our age.
Shipping Label.jpg Window Sticker.jpg

I also worked for Chrysler (Jeep) as a Service Tech from 1995 - 2010.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome To TD!!!
You should probably post this in "New Member Intro's" in "Board Discussion" so the whole of the members can see it and welcome you.
I can move it for you if you like.

I also own a 90 Daytona VNT that I bought new in December of 1989 and she has been my only car and daily driver since 1997, just like me however, we are both showing our age.
View attachment 276155 View attachment 276156

I also worked for Chrysler (Jeep) as a Service Tech from 1995 - 2010.
that would be great thank you! I have frame and chassie and engine, wiring diagrams, electrical, fuel and emissions manuals from Chrysler for the 1990 daytona's, if It will help find info they need. I hit a piece of steel in the road and busted a hole in the oil pan.... engine is ok but the turbo is fried.... I am looking for a new VNT turbo for it now! daytona books.jpg daytona 2.jpg daytona 4.jpg

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,367 Posts
I moved your thread not realizing you had already started a new one.

Car looks good, obviously has not lived outside for 31 years as mine has.

I bought the 3 main FSM's (Engine/Chassis/Body, Electrical/Fuel/Emissions, Wiring Diagrams) when I purchased the car, Chrysler had put a postcard in the glove box about purchasing the manuals, total for all 3 in 1990, $40.00.
I also had folks who either used to work for Chrysler or were in Chrysler training give me the other three manuals...
2.2L/2.5L Turbo Powertrain Diagnostics, Body Control Module Diagnostics, SRS Diagnostics.

Sorry to hear about the damage done by road debris.

Forward Motion lists a "New" Garrett VNT 25 in the online catalog.

FWD Performance lists a "Rebuilt" Garrett VNT 28 (modified) in the online catalog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts