Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I am currently shopping around for an HID conversion kit, and thought of something...

so, SRT-4's (Neon), if, I'm not mistaken, are wired for the bulbs that get brighter for hi-beams, as opposed to having two separate hi-beam and lo-beam bulbs... so if i wire in a ballast w/ HID bulbs, what happens when I flick my hi-beam switch...isn't the ballast supposed to regulate the power going to the bulb?

also, anyone know a good HID conversion kit for the OEM fog lights?

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you install a standard HID kit on a car that uses the same bulb for high and low beams, and then try to use the high beams, the lights will just go out. You would need the bi-xenon kit to have the high beams to work.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm gonna upgrade my Shelby Charger with Hella 2 piece headlight conversion kit and throw those sealbeams in the trash! Next will be a inexpensive Bi-Xenon Hid kit, same way I upgraded my Nissan Hardbody pickup! I think that I will need foglights cause the headlights won't be able to shine upon anything in front of the car the way the headlight are recessed back in the body about 10" !!! But I think it will give it more of a sinister look and A WTF is it look?

·
Registered
751 Posts
not to steal the thread but where can you get a two piece conversion? or dont they make one for the tonas? Im so tired of fogged "sealed beams"

·
Registered
155 Posts
not to steal the thread but where can you get a two piece conversion? or dont they make one for the tonas? Im so tired of fogged "sealed beams"
What kinda sealed beams are installed 6054? If so you can get them from Hella thru JcWhitney, they come in the 4 different sizes that sealed beams were design in since the 40's. retangular 6x8, 4x6 and round 7" and I believe 5". You should be 6x8... They offer Hella and other brands, but my Hella are the real deal!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts