Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a highflow IC that will fit in the stock location? I want to keep my car stock looking but also get the power from a better IC. Is there a core out there the right size that we can make work? Also I would love to see pictures of what others are using for aftermarket IC's and how they routed the tubing. I guess I would consider a front mount if I could do it without harming the car in any way. 28,000 mile car so I will not do any cutting or drilling to mount or run IC tubing.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don't know of an aftermarket high flow IC for the stock location. But in my opinion, you don't want one in the stock location (it's pretty crappy) - has low air flow. The best way is front mount. I purchased this IC
(http://www.dsmtuners.com/parts/product_info.php?cPath=3_146_63&products_id=764&osCsid=ab30638b1c029805da7391fab0ebe14c)
and its is awsome. I installed it without having to cut anything. All I did was drill one hole in the center support strip behind the hood grill for a mounting bracket I made from thin steel strips I purchased from Home Depot (cheap! and strong!). It is a tight fit, but it fits. I think it flows something like 1400cfm with less than 1 psi drop. I got mine last year off ebay for 250$ - and its the best upgrade for the money I ever made.

Good Luck
-Bryan

·
Registered
751 Posts
Griffen makes custom ones, I am trying to get them replicate the Spearco one. I drew it up in cad but its hard with no real dimensions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts