Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anywhere from 1 minute to 5 minutes after I start my car my check engine light comes on and my idle goes up to around 2k and stays there. Also, if I get on it and hit positive (5+ psi) boost, it will start leaning out really bad. Help is very appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
yeah sounds like you blew out the vac setup.

The first three things you do to a turbo Dodge, vac lines, MP head gasket and bolts, whole tune up with wires.

You have to get past that then learn how to read your codes on your dash. Most likely a code 13.

One of the more important sites to have on favorites as a resource.
MiniMopar Resources

It breaks down all the codes for the turbo dodges, the early ones lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem. I checked all the hoses for rot but did not see any problems. I do however hear a hiss on the passenger side at the firewall. I am thinking that it is a leaking intake manifold gasket. I tried spraying some W-D 40 to note a change but I don't think I hit the leak. I have a feeling it is underneath.

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,938 Posts
I am having the same problem. I checked all the hoses for rot but did not see any problems. I do however hear a hiss on the passenger side at the firewall. I am thinking that it is a leaking intake manifold gasket. I tried spraying some W-D 40 to note a change but I don't think I hit the leak. I have a feeling it is underneath.
You should try intake cleaner. It atomizes better than WD-40 and won't leave a mess all over what you sprayed. Just be careful not to get any on the hot turbo. (Well, you should get WD-40 on it either for that matter).

What's your vacuum reading at warm idle?

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,938 Posts
14 iHg (inches of mercury for vacuum, psi for boost) is very low. You should be around 17-20 depending on the state of the engine, tune, etc. You definitely have a vacuum leak somewhere. You're probably getting a code 13 as well. Go through the vacuum system again just to be sure you aren't missing something simple. And check your intake manifold bolts as best you can to make sure they haven't backed out. I've seen that happen on rebuilt engines before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.