Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
planning on the 350 to 400 whp range soon, 90 daytona 5 speed

i'd like a clutch that i can install and never have to think of it spinning again

dont really care if its hard to push in...my leg will get used to it

but i do care about installation issues or other weird crap. i dont want to have to deal with any problems. if im spending $300+ on a clutch i want to install it ONCE...dont want to unhook the tranny AGAIN to put in shims/washers whatever.

what are peoples experiences with the high performance clutches and installing them?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Shims and washers? :confused:
I went 6puck with a heavy plate. I think I have more clutch than motor!

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i dunno....lol i think i read elsewhere on here of someone having to shim their hi perf clutch or something

what exact clutch did you use? what tranny, flywheel? cost?

·
Registered
443 Posts
bump im in the same boat trying to decide what clutch i want for my l body anyone have any feedback on the rev lock clutch

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
yeah i dunno....lol i think i read elsewhere on here of someone having to shim their hi perf clutch or something

what exact clutch did you use? what tranny, flywheel? cost?

tu 6puck with yellow plate and fidanza aluminum fw.
$370ish for clutch PP and tob
$220 for flw- got it from amiturbo new before he became a scumbag. Got lucky.
Install was pretty straight forward no shimming. Clutch is noisy though(chatters), sounds like a bad tob at times. Call Cindy and see if she has something comparable.

·
Registered
443 Posts
tu 6puck with yellow plate and fidanza aluminum fw.
$370ish for clutch PP and tob
$220 for flw- got it from amiturbo new before he became a scumbag. Got lucky.
Install was pretty straight forward no shimming. Clutch is noisy though(chatters), sounds like a bad tob at times. Call Cindy and see if she has something comparable.
is that the ceraimic 6 puck

·
Registered
4,663 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I would do revlok with a heavy plate, you can get a new fw for like $50 or go aluminum for $300. The aluminum is nice and has the replaceable insert.

·
Registered
521 Posts
fidenza flywheel x10
and for a clutch I really love bully Bully Performance/Racing/competition Clutch

stage 3 or stage 4. me I plan to go stage 4 with my next high power build, if you are in the 300hp/tq range the stage 3 would be great, if you are trying for the 400ish mark then go stage 4

tech's are great to talk to on the phone, prices are about the same as spec, and if the spec price is relly close alot of the time they will do free shipping.

·
Registered
521 Posts
1986-89
Dodge Daytona, 2.2L Eng Turbo
Daytona Iroc 2.5L Eng Turbo 1989

1 05-0441 $371.62
2 05-0442 $446.30
3 05-0443C $483.44
4 05-0444C $622.73
5 05-0445C $622.73

·
Registered
443 Posts
never heard of them before so i think i will buy something that has been through its paces by a few people spec i have heard of but agian not alot of feedback and more cash than the rev loc

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whats the improvement with the aluminum flywheel? i thought it was less than ideal for manual transmission drag racing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts