Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided I was tired of the flexing of the stock mount (even filled with urethane) and since I'm always about saving $$, instead of getting the poly front mount (nothing against it) I would just make my own. A couple of hockey pucks and miscellaneous pieces from a sway bar link kit I had laying around and I now have a 90 durometer rubber front motor mount for about $8...:thumb: Havent driven the car yet cause I'm in the middle of other projects too, but it does vibrate more through the car while idling. Its a 24 year old convertible though...so a smooth ride/idle it was not already...lol. The engine barely moves shifting from park, to reverse, to drive though..:cool:

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,982 Posts
Decent! I use hockey pucks for all kinds of mounts at work but never really clued in to make it for the car. Would like to hear your thoughts after some driving time. But may question longevity of the vulcanized rubber.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Never thought of doing this to one of my TD's as I have the poly mounts in them before. But it looks like a good cheap fast alternative I know he Neon guys do this for the front mounts as they are almost a drop in for the front mounts

·
Registered
557 Posts
they look nice! tell use how it drives after you get it going.
say ya to da UP! I got a cabin close to ishpeming its the best out there.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went for a quick spin today and I can definitely notice the difference in vibration...not enough to bother me, or the fiance though so all is good...as far as longevity, hockey pucks are tough so I think it'll do alright... its easy enough to do now that I know how, and the car doesn't get driven all that much anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts