Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a precison turbo sc61s ported shroud ever sence i put it on i cant get it to hold a steady psi 1st gear its about 15 2nd gear is 20 3rd gear takes for ever to make any boost rises as rpms rise but still not very high and takes forever 4th gear takes a really long time it dont matter weather i adjust it either it makes way to much or not enough boost could it be my cheap controler but i wasnt useing a boost controler when i put it on and had same problems what could it be

· Registered
4,874 Posts
^^ What he said. :D
I had to put two fairly heavy springs on my stock turbo to hold the wg closed. Once I did, I was not moving more than 2 psi.

· Registered
144 Posts
I have a stock turbo with 3" exaust and I am having some trouble holding boost as well in 2nd and 3rd gear. I tried to set the boost at 14 with my grainger. It will quickly boost to 13 or so in 2nd then fall back to 10 at high rpms. 3rd does better, it will boost spike to about 14.5 then hold about 13 to redline. At the same setting, 4th and 5th will hold right at 14. If I adjust for 2nd and 3rd, I will overboost in 4th and 5th at wot.
Do you think it is my stock turbo or could I have the same problem with the wastegate springs?

· Registered
4,874 Posts
My fix to the problem, thanks to wallace. :thumb:
Auto part Fuel line Engine

· Registered
144 Posts
Hey guys sorry to hijack the thread but I put a big spring on mine as well and all it did was make me way overboost. Boost just spiked way up till I blue off a hose. Now I have it back like it was before. I quickly took the spring off. Should I have lengthened the granger way out first while the spring was still keeping the wastegate shut to see what that would do? It has me confused.

By the way, I have a 3 bar map, supposedly a stage 4 calibrated computer from fwdp, adjustable fuel regulator and +40's; none of which are currently installed. I was waiting for that hybrid turbo first. I still have stock turbo installed. I do have a spearco front mount, obx lsd installed.

Does it make since to install any or all of these before you get a hybrid turbo, or should I just try to get as close to cutout as I can with my current setup? Thanks for advice for both situations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.