Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im getting ready for a 16v hybrid..... there is a hc1 the intercooled one that i can get rebuilt for $150. the turbine is a stock v-band how do these turbos control boost is it an external wastegate.......

thanks alot, wes

·
Registered
271 Posts
The H1C is the stock turbo for my 92 D250. The exhaust turbine housing is HUGE! 21cm. That is why there is no internal gate, they will only make 25 - 30psi on a stock 1st gen cummins, thats a 5.9l. There are diesel places that sell smaller exhaust housings but for what they cost you could find a good working HE341 or HE351 (which I feel is a better fit for the 16v) on the cummins forum or craigslist. Holset also made a WH1C which is the same turbo with a 16cm or 18cm internally wastegated exhaust housing. With a little work the internal gate on the HE turbos will work if you port the wg hole in the housing. Here is a pic of one on my 8v soon to be on my 16v once I find a 16v head. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
what did the turbo fit in again? not much room with a T04E and that one lol

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
The HE341 is in my shadow. The inducer housing pretty much sits against the firewall.
I was thinking of having the outlet on my cast header angle cut to bring the compressor away from the firewall a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts