Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Great video! I'm surprised I'm the first to say so. Pulled that stunning upset on a Stang that's loud as hell. Then the on board stuff gives a better sense of the cars speed. No crappy music throughout the entire video either! Good job sir.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very nice video it is nice to see that a Spirit beats a Mustang!!! , Just like the other man said : No crappy music throughout the entire video either!

Nice job!!!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
nice vid for sure! Was the guy in the Stang surprised?

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
I am supprised how fast the 341 spools, have you got a chance to compare it with a S50?

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am supprised how fast the 341 spools, have you got a chance to compare it with a S50?
I never saw this but I have not exactly paid attention to when this thing spools. I only run 10psi boost so that also does not give a complete picture since sometimes 20psi takes quite a few more rpms. Also depends what gear these tests are done in. 3.0 pulls well enough out of boost that I think the spool numbers would be deceptive. It doesn't just bog and wait for boost, even in 5th.

When I get the transmission back in and everything happy I am going to datalog the scanner and also try to datalog the boost guage to get an idea of what is really going on. "Datalogging" the scanner with a video camera so i can frame by frame write down certain fields. Just breaking down video in a 1st gear pull in a stock a670 3.0 took forever. :snore:

I might have raced this car again but I have been too cheap to replace the cracked windshield.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
I have to reupload, got muted.

woohoo! yes that video has an awesome soundtrack and a speech from our great leader I believe. I thought it was also uploaded on some other car-video site, something like speedblahblah.com or something...I never see that site anymore though so I guess it went bye bye

·
Registered
4,611 Posts

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow I cant believe how awesome that engine + turbo sounds

wheres that other video where you've gutted the instrument cluster / tore out the dash and are doing back to back runs on the road bouncing off the rev limiter over and over
This is the video I think of when it comes to rev limiter bouncing. Pushed coolant hard at the end of this since boost was going about 5-6psi higher than it did on the dyno where it was really beyond the limit of the octane available. Took built motor out after this video to put in stocker.

Youtube really screwed up video quality. I see the same video on my great depression racing channel has 240p video while this one is 480p. Still looks messed up after years. The harddrive is toasty right now, I figure it will cost $1k to recover it if I am lucky. I don't think I did the best job of encoding those videos. Too much "lossy" conversion.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts