Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
This is the video I think of when it comes to rev limiter bouncing. Pushed coolant hard at the end of this since boost was going about 5-6psi higher than it did on the dyno where it was really beyond the limit of the octane available. Took built motor out after this video to put in stocker.

Youtube really screwed up video quality. I see the same video on my great depression racing channel has 240p video while this one is 480p. Still looks messed up after years. The harddrive is toasty right now, I figure it will cost $1k to recover it if I am lucky. I don't think I did the best job of encoding those videos. Too much "lossy" conversion.
lol yep thats the one!! how far did you have to drive to get to the track and find out it was closed?

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
lol yep thats the one!! how far did you have to drive to get to the track and find out it was closed?
We had a hotel next to the track (super 8). Old facebook profile pic shows changing out the radiator in the parking lot.

Real reason we missed the tech by 5 minutes is that the alcohol pump was failing to prime and the car couldnt' even boost since it would lean misfire. Ended up having to take it all apart and goop up some stuff with copper spray using a Q-tip. Taking the car apart while jets flew overhead and 4 wheelers pranced around in the desert, all while looking at the Nascar track accross the street. Took way too long to get the pump working, raced there, and missed tech :(

That alcohol pump was responsible for about 125whp worth of fuel so the car just couldn't boost without it. You can't make much power at 25psi boost on a rising rate regulator without having extreme fuel pump capacity. Probably 120-140psi fuel pressure which means very little flow on a Walbro 255HighPressure. The car was cheating real real bad to make all that power. Longer term I did learn a year ago that the pump should get flipped upside down to help it prime. It was having to pull fluid up from the tank and it couldn't do that when sucking air.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts