Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help IDing a turbo (what it is and applications) I will post these pictures first and if you need more info (serial #s and such) from the turbo let me know. Sorry if i posted in the wrong place. Any and all help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Looks like a Holset HX20-25-27... Internal gated if I see it right.
Can I get a larger compressor pic?
Edit: What does the tag read?

It sure does look like the 20-27 styles.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
The turbine side is a 14cm typically found on HX35s, it will also fit a Wh1C as well. I think your in good shape. For comparsion a 9cm = about a .75 A/R and a .55 is a 7 cm. So depending on what you put it on, it might be a bit laggy....:fingersx:

·
Registered
727 Posts
I really dont think it's a hx35. V band style flanges are known on the smaller holsets of the HX tc's and larger HX series. Most if not all HE tc's have v style flanges. Also the hx35 has the option of the silencer ring. Even if it doesn't come with it, it should have the groove for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am in Kansas city. The turbo is only like 7 1/2 " across the top which is around 190 mm. So apparently i am measuring wrong.

·
Registered
331 Posts
HX35s use a snap ring to secure the compressor housing as well. That one has some variant of a V-band.
Going by Ebay some H1Es and some HX40s come like that, HX50s do as well but don't have a T3/T4 standard turbine flange.
www.cummins.com/turbos - service repair manuals
If you're really bored you can check ALL the service manuals to find one that is similar and/or has the same part #.

·
Banned
443 Posts
the compressor wheel is approximately/very close to 2.5" or 63.5 mm
OK you got the inducer, but I need the exducer size as well.
H1C's use the V-band compressor housing like that, it's NOT an H1E because an HX35 turbine section wouldn't fit on it.
It's not an HX40 either because 40's have a 4'' exhaust outlet.
Get me the exducer size as well and I should be able to tell what it is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i will have to get that for you when i get out of class tonight sorry for the delay and thanks for the help

·
Registered
331 Posts
OK you got the inducer, but I need the exducer size as well.
H1C's use the V-band compressor housing like that, it's NOT an H1E because an HX35 turbine section wouldn't fit on it.
It's not an HX40 either because 40's have a 4'' exhaust outlet.
Get me the exducer size as well and I should be able to tell what it is.
With that information, you can download the H1C/WH1C manual from the site I linked and check because the manuals I believe have part #s in them as well.

·
Banned
443 Posts
I'm starting to think someone put this turbo together and it's a hybrid H1E/HX35 with a 14cm turbine. The compressor inducer of 2.35'' that he measured is close to the H1E's 2.362'' inducer so his measurement could easily be off that much since he said about 2.35''. But the turbine section is not H1E whatsoever.
There is also several aftermarket upgrades for the H1C's wheel, could even be that too.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts