Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to go out on a evening drive last night. I was fully attuned to the fact that I may encounter "rice." On my way home, I was on an infamous strip of road, notorious for fast cars, and idiots.

It was about 10:00 and I was stopped at a red light, in the front of the line. All of a sudden I hear a ridiculously loud car. I look back behind me and this guy is weaving through all kinds of traffic! What a total idiot! When he comes to the pack of cars I made the decision that he wouldn't pass me. When he came up on me, after darting in and out of traffic, I boosted in second and when I blew off I knew I had his attention.

At the next light I saw his car was a 2008, or 2007 model Acura TL type s. They are not what you would call "slow." They do come with mid 280 horse from the factory. Of course it had a loud exhaust, it was lowered, and it had stickers about how his car was so fast it "drops panties." I'm not going to lie I was intimidated.

Being the kind car guy I am I looked over and said in a friendly tone, "nice car man." What happens next is something I cannot make up. We made eye contact and I said it again. My lebaron is really clean, and usually only gets respect for being a survivor. It's like brand spankin new for a 26 y/o car... So after I said that he gave my car the up and down look, winced, and then put up his window. After this, I knew I had a race on my hands. He revved up his shitbox and I just sat there. Light turned green and the lebaron flew. Once I hit full boost in first, then grabbed second, it was all over. The Lebaron took him by at least 3 cars easily. Could have been more if not for my fear of over boost haha. He was definitely trying as I could hear his car burning rice over the sound of my car!! I slowed down so I could do the wincing this time, but instead he did a "ricer flyby." Probably in a hurry to go cry! In the end, the moral of the story is to keep killing Hondas and TD's are awesome!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah normally that isn't me, but I made an acception. My radar eases my worries. I usually let them go but I don't take kindly to disrespect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts