Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy is always talking shit about how fast his civic is and how he'll smoke my acclaim, he finally hit a nerve tonight, so I called him on it.
His civic is an 88 sedan w/ a complete gsr swap, intake, header, exhaust, stage 1 clutch, and idk what else besides natural weight reduction and nasty purple spray bomb.
My acclaim is 3.0 3spd auto, built trans, intake, 52mm tb, P/P plenum, 1" spacers, full 3" exhaust.
So we go out to the hometown proving grounds, goose pond rd. 1st run we're sbs off the line, he hits 2nd around 30 and starts trailing back, by 85 I have a full length on him.
2nd run, he gets a bad launch and I kill him.
3rd run, he launches perfect and gets half a length, by 55 (just into 2nd) I am sbs with him, hittin 3rd at 85 I've got him by over a fender, and at 110 and half a length ahead, he lifts from a blown coolant line covering his windshield in af.
His parting words "I'll smoke that pos when I get my turbo kit on!".

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Ha Ha Ha! LOL x3 !

Just tell him, you can spend your money on a turbo kit but the better deal is always with a Dodge !

FYI report.
It's not called a Honda Its HONKA for HONKA SH*T !:lmao:

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
if he actually turbo's the gsr your car doesnt stand a chance, with a gsr with the intake and exhaust and a good tune he will be able to go into the low 14's easy. but if he just dumps the clutch and rides it out like a true honda owner it will be moving by second if it doesnt just spin lol

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
God it feels good to beat a motor swapped car in my Acclaim. Especially since it shut him up.

Around here there's very few fast Honda's all mostly stock with the biggest can they can find. All think they can take everyone.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Lol funny story. Is he actually gonna turbocharge the pos, or like most honda owners, is he all talk?

That reminds me, a ricer just about side swiped my daytona today in an 80s model civic. I woulda been so pissed. I would have had to kick his ass.

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would guess he'll get all the parts then end up sellin it all cause he's outta money.

Got a fox body 5.0 stang with the stratus on my way home from gettin an alignment. Super nice lookin red one, I'm guessin it was his grad present.
Anyway me and my wife are sittin at a red light mindin our business when the kid rolls up in the 5.0 looks at my car and revs the piss out of it, I'm like whatever but the wife says "please shut this punk up!". So I rev back. Light turns green and he gets me on the launch (no low end atx sucks), I finally get into the power as he grabs 2nd and we're sbs again, as we keep pullin to 70 I get a fender+ before lettin up. Next light I get the question "what you got in that thing?". My answer "stock 4 cylinder auto." Kid was speechless.

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I gotta say shuttin down people like this in either of my 4 door family sedans is my favorite. Especially when they think they're cars are hot shit.

Oh ya, on my buddy's civic.....
He's now selling his gsr swap, putting the stock motor back in, and selling the car to put the money in his hatch so he can beat me.

I told him if he bought a car with a real motor he wouldn't need all that money to beat me. Lol.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
if he actually turbo's the gsr your car doesnt stand a chance, with a gsr with the intake and exhaust and a good tune he will be able to go into the low 14's easy. but if he just dumps the clutch and rides it out like a true honda owner it will be moving by second if it doesnt just spin lol
True story... my 3.0 on 12 psi cant touch my dudes GSR integra on 6psi... cars just dont breath like them B series...

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
For all the Honda haters... ive always been able to beat GSR's of the line... but highway has always been a different story. Honestly i just think you got yourself a horrible honda driver... GSR's should have no problem walking an auto 3.0.

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For all the Honda haters... ive always been able to beat GSR's of the line... but highway has always been a different story. Honestly i just think you got yourself a horrible honda driver... GSR's should have no problem walking an auto 3.0.
Think about it, a gsr is what 160hp and almost no torque? 3.0 is 140hp and all torque.

The 5spd uses the high end power which our motors don't have w/o boost.

I think that is where my advantage comes in. He's hittin 3rd when I'm hittin 2nd.

We ran his civic against my strat about 15mins ago. He drove my strat I drove his civic. From a launch I could get the jump, but he would catch me around 45. From a roll (20mph) he killed me in my car. So its not the driver. His car feels very good and fast.

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My 3psd with just intake beat my buddys 5spd daytona with intake. We were both stock other then intake. He won't even try to race me now, we have the same mods other then me having full 3" exhaust.

·
Vroom vroom.
452 Posts
The Daytona also weights a bit more so you have to take that into account. ^

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Daytona also weights a bit more so you have to take that into account. ^
Really??? Daytona outweighs an Acclaim? Woulda guessed it lighter.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Think about it, a gsr is what 160hp and almost no torque? 3.0 is 140hp and all torque.

The 5spd uses the high end power which our motors don't have w/o boost.

I think that is where my advantage comes in. He's hittin 3rd when I'm hittin 2nd.

We ran his civic against my strat about 15mins ago. He drove my strat I drove his civic. From a launch I could get the jump, but he would catch me around 45. From a roll (20mph) he killed me in my car. So its not the driver. His car feels very good and fast.
Actually a GSR factory is 176 HP and ~130ftlb you're probably basing your numbers on a B16 and depending on what gen civic its dropped into, youre talking about 3-500lbs of weight shaved off the car. I never said you shouldnt have beaten him out of the hole, but if that thing is hooked up right (because GSR's only came in integras, not civics, so it could possibly be not hitting V-tec) he should have no problem taking you on a highway race. Not hating either way it goes, obviously i love both cars, im one of a handfull with a boosted 3.0 lol but something isnt right with the civic...

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's not impossible, but he is kinda a Honda guru so I would think he did it right.

Either way it always feels good to take down rice. lol

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
don't forget that 6g72 inside your car hails from the same rice land as your honda friend ;) theres a reason they can handle more power than the 2.2 2.5, they werent made by dodge :D

our cars are what i like to consider, Detroit rice :thumb: something to ponder before you go playing the rice card

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
don't forget that 6g72 inside your car hails from the same rice land as your honda friend ;) theres a reason they can handle more power than the 2.2 2.5, they werent made by dodge :D

our cars are what i like to consider, Detroit rice :thumb: something to ponder before you go playing the rice card
:mad:

·
CoupleOvans
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Yes the motor is mitsu, but I lack the giant tuner can, factory steel wheels, spray bomb paint, motor swap, and all that other crap that goes with rice.

Just because it's foreign doesn't mean it's rice, all the gay shit they do to them makes it rice.

Big difference between our cars and rice.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts