Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Might want to consider buying the stick on (fake) hood pins, in case you change your mind later. Installation of hood pins is a laborious process to get it to fit right. It gets worse if you buy the hood pins with the built-in key lock (lining up problems, no need to drill holes for the top plate but need a larger initial hole in the hood crossmember for nut clearance from the underside to secure the top plate). Then you may want to use a dimpling tool ([email protected] http://www.irvansmith.com/catalog2/parts/hood_pins.shtml ) if you want the recessed look for the top cover plate.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
For some reason this post reminded me of the time one of our regular customers was at the service station with his "racer" (this was in the '70s). His carb caught fire and he had to un-do the hood pins to open the hood. MAN, did he move fast! Good thing they wern't the locking type. :}

·
Registered
17,709 Posts
Inferno Cruiser said:
Yes, exactly . I had them on a Cuda I once had and thought they might look good on the PT
Yeah, my middle sister's boyfriend had them on his 440 GTX and they were functional, of course. Really, they look great on the Sixties and Seventies muscle cars but I doubt they'd look good on the Thirties/Forties-styled Cruiser.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
The hood style of the Cruiser isn't right for those unless there's a compelling reason to do it, as in function.

RN

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
JOEM said:

Yeah, my middle sister's boyfriend had them on his 440 GTX and they were functional, of course. Really, they look great on the Sixties and Seventies muscle cars but I doubt they'd look good on the Thirties/Forties-styled Cruiser.
I'd have to agree with Joe on this! Hood pins on a muscle car = Okay...Hood pins on a PT = uh uh...
to me, it would be as glaring as a pimple on a prom queen...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for your input. I have already checked out the stick on kind and I must admitt, they look cheezy..... I thought the real ones would look good, but I guess you all convinced me otherwise. I have seen the flip kind that people put on Hondas' and other imports,on a PT,but I thought the pin type would look better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts