Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was digging around and trying to figure out the best way to make a cold air for the ho-box, i cant afford a turbo swap yet so im getting into the N/A aspect.

I know the stock intake is cold, and not restrictive but i want to route something and put a cone filter on it.

if anyone has pictures id love to see em, im up for all suggestions.

i was actually thinking about cutting the stock box and modding it making it round where i can slip a 2.5" pipe or something on it.

would i have to worry about the hose running from the computer? what does it actually do?

'
Heres some pics of the stock setup that im running now.

· Registered
1,001 Posts
If you nix the stock airbox, good luck with your PCV system. The hose going to the computer cools it; it may burn up when the car's not moving. Just sticking a cone filter on a hose doesn't make it cold if you're still sucking hot under-hood air. Clayton, what kind of airbox do you need?

· Registered
13,677 Posts
Clayton, what kind of airbox do you need?
One from a TBI Omni/Horizon.

Your not gonna burn up the computer from taking off the airbox and plumbing! Stupid myth! Air is gonna blow through the SCM as long as its in the stock position!
:)Very true!

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is your horizon a 5 speed? 17.3 seems pretty damn good, but I drive an automatic.
Yea one of my best launches, and i ran it almost redline i thought i was gonna blow it up. i took it easy and ran some other passes at like 17.9 and such

I wonder if the airbox would clear with the strut bar though
dont think it will, i was looking at one for the horizon and i decided no because it wont work without modding it >.>

Just sticking a cone filter on a hose doesn't make it cold if you're still sucking hot under-hood air.
I kno that ive been around cars a really really long time, of course its going to suck hot air :p but no no offence if i just came across that way^^^, i meant something i can route under the car and sheild from water or somting of the sort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.