Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some research on boost button and don't understand everything. Do you replace the chip and connect a computer/laptop through diagnostics port? I want to be able to cal:
lm
smec
sbec
I have heard there are differences and it would be nice to know specifics. I have already downloaded mpscan and mptune.

·
Registered
13,441 Posts
Start by signing up here.
EFI Tuning

To sum up, it's basically open up the ECU, desolder chip, solder a socket, burn calibration in the chip, put chip in socket, close ECU. Moates Ostrich (real time emulator) and SST 27SF512 (flashable but discontinued chip) can be used with LM and SMEC. SBEC needs a latch board to use Ostrich or SST 27SF512

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Tryingbe's link is a good one. That will explain a lot.

Unless you are willing to do additional mods to the ECU, you cannot flash through the diagnostic port.

Moates.net is a great source for chips & their Burn 2 is one of the best chip burners. MPtune is setup to work with the Burn 2. I just purchased one myself, along with 6 chips & sockets, so I can start tuning.

I'm certainly not the guy to go to for questions, as I'm just starting myself. But I hope to be able to flash ECUs shortly...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not gonna happen for LM, unless you comes up with a solution.

There was someone selling a flashable SMEC, all sold out I believe and no one is remaking it at the moment.
So what is the problem? Does no one sell a flashable LM and is there no way to make one?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tryingbe
I have an lm with a wire hanging out. The previous owner claims this was a stage 2 mp lm. He said when you power the wire it runs the mp tune, but without, it is a factory tune. Do you think this lm is socketed?

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
If it's an original UV eraseable chip, it takes something like 10 hours of direct sunlight exposure to erase them.

No, it doesn't hurt to open them up...

Plus, they have a sticker over them from the factory to cover the window. You have to remove the sticker to erase them.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
tryingbe
I have an lm with a wire hanging out. The previous owner claims this was a stage 2 mp lm. He said when you power the wire it runs the mp tune, but without, it is a factory tune. Do you think this lm is socketed?
Sounds like BoostButton Dual play board inside. When you are inside don't touch anything unless you are grounded so you are not full of static. Unlikely you will hurt anything but don't wear that fluffy Angora sweater :surprise:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts