Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if I could figure out how rare my Daytona is, I know it's not really rare, but I would like to know where mine is like "1 in 400" or something like that.

1987 Daytona Shelby, Red, 5 speed, t-top, rear visors for back seat.....:confused:

Found there was 7152 units made that year.....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ill look in my daytona book tomorrow and see what numbers come up,as far as how many were made

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my book doesnt have the total made with t-tops

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rear visors and t-tops, that seems odd, or did that come with the t-tops to shade passenger's eyes. My t-top doesn't have them.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol on a hard top? What were they thinking....

·
Registered
25 Posts
I spoke to Galen Grovier (Chrysler Number's Guru) and asked him if he had any plans on putting out booklets for the newer cars and he said that he hadn't really thought about doing it. I would think that there are enough enthusiasts out there to put together maybe an 83-91 book.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've emailed Chrysler Historical, they say you have to pay online but the lady never mentioned it in the emails so I guess they don't mind. I asked for the buildsheet and if she could show me information on seeing how many other daytonas were made like mine

·
Registered
718 Posts
I think t-top cars are hard to track due to the C&C converted tops. I had an 88, and have an 87 was always interested in numbers

·
Mr. Moderator
8,894 Posts
Ya my 87 also has the visors and its a hardtop car.
I seem to find a lot of 89 t2 t-top cars and I would be interested in numbers for those.
I got one and its prolly gonna end up being a parts car.
Q

·
Registered
60 Posts
they were part of the upgraded trunk trim package, if your car has carpet on the rear wheel housing in trunk then it should have the visors. if your car has plain plastic, there should be no visors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts