Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased a accufab universal fpr knowing that this car pisses me off and am going to dsms as soon as the hobby piggy bank fills up. but i need special fittings to hook it up to my rail. how do you instal a universal fpr to the rail?

thanx.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Are you using the stock rail? I don't think the universal Accufab will work with the stock late TI, or TII/TIII/TIV rails since those use a rail mounted FPR that press into a reciever cup on the rail. It could be adapted to work the early TI rail though since it uses an external regulator.

Maybe you could have a fitting silver soldered onto the reciever cup and hook it up that way but I haven't had much luck with silver soldering the rail lasting very long before it seeps fuel.

Now if you are using an aftermarket rail like TU and FWDP sell, then yes, you will need AN fittings and adapters.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Sit back and take a breath. If these cars give you fits then anything more complicated won't be any nicer to you. These things are right above air colled VW's in ease of work.
Now if you could block off the factory fuel rail where the stock regulator is then you'd be ok. I don't know if blocking off the return side of the reg would do it and just leave it on the rail like a plug. If so then just get some brass fittings and hose and mount the regulator somewhere and plumb it just like the factory setup. Maybe use the shrader valve port to return fuel? I'm not sure.
Why do you need the Accufab if I may ask?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ordered +40s fpr, 3 bar computer, 255 pump. the computer was taking for ever.
when i called asking about it. i was told it would take from a month to a year, not acceptable for me and canceled the order for it.

so, now i have all this crap, and no aftermarket for this car to make it quick.(this cars not worth a stand-alone)

the injectors are shot, so i was going to install them and adjust the fuel pressure accordingly.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Did both vendors tell you between a month and a year? If so you might be able to find someone to burn you a chip for your computer. Based solely on your specs. Just understand it will take some tuning on your part to make it perform properly, as it would with any of our vendors.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
BrassMonkey said:
i ordered +40s fpr, 3 bar computer, 255 pump. the computer was taking for ever.
when i called asking about it. i was told it would take from a month to a year, not acceptable for me and canceled the order for it.

so, now i have all this crap, and no aftermarket for this car to make it quick.(this cars not worth a stand-alone)

the injectors are shot, so i was going to install them and adjust the fuel pressure accordingly.
PM me. I may be able to help with a computer - in much less than a year.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Shel-Game said:
PM me. I may be able to help with a computer - in much less than a year.

Take Rob up on this offer, I had a cal done by a vendor that turned out to be a dud. Rob did a cal for me and it runs great, best of all I had it in under a week and a half from the time I sent him the money ;)

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
BrassMonkey said:
i purchased a accufab universal fpr knowing that this car pisses me off and am going to dsms as soon as the hobby piggy bank fills up. but i need special fittings to hook it up to my rail. how do you instal a universal fpr to the rail?

thanx.
If I'm not mistaken they make a change fitting for this purpose. Bolts to the rail and has an AN fitting above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts