Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car started running lean a few weeks ago. After checking everything out that I can think of, I am leaning towards a fuel delivery problem. The fuel pump is less than a year old and it is a 255 walbro. I cranked up the fuel pressure and it is still lean. I think that it may not be able to keep up with my engine's demands. So how could I test the pump to make sure that it works?

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Check your fuel pressure with a guage.
What happen to me with my S60 fuel pump was that the little rubber hose that connects the fuel fump to the assembly was loose ( the small clamp) so everytime I hit WOT my a/f gauge would go up and drasticely go down (lean).
I hope it helps

·
Registered
239 Posts
i guess you could take out the spark plugs turn the car over and see what pressure you are getting just becareful not to flood it

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
85SHELBY22 said:
how long ago did you change your filter?
2 days ago. I thought that it might have been plugged but it wasn't.

I checked the flow against another td and for 10 seconds at idle both cars filled up the bottle the same amount.

I was just on the highway and if I floor it in fifth gear I have plenty of fuel. It seems like if I have high rmp and higher boost I go lean

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put an in line fuel pump in and it is still lean. I think I am going to recheck the cam and ignition timing again. I don't think it is a fuel delivery problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts