Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a turbo PT but all I can find is auto trans. I was wondering if they could hold any type of power or are they junk?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Without tuning them they will eventually give out. They're not bad if you have a Stage 1 PCM. It'll shift faster saving the clutches and just feels a lot better to drive. You could also look for non-turbo manual PT Cruisers or Neons and get hardened transmission parts for them. Or just go with it and see what happens. But AFAIK the 41TE will handle about 280HP and get sketchy past that point. You'd be better off asking the PT Cruiser Link forums. Some people there are running big cams, big wheel stocker turbo, free flow exhaust, ported +1mm heads, and a bunch of other non-sense on the automatic. Not sure if they just have it detuned like crazy or what, but those mods easily equate to 400whp if tuned correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking at buying a pt Gt. I can't find any manual transmission models. All I see are automatica transmission models.

Would I be safe with stock turbo, tuned at 19 psi with an intune?

·
Registered
997 Posts
The problem is if you tune the PT you'll get a ton of 1 wheel peel and most likely grenade the diff.
Years ago I talked my neighbor into getting the Diablo Sport tuner for his auto PT, he said
if he gets on it from a stop, all it does is spin.

Really need to get an LSD if you want to have fun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts