Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine seems unusually loud, both in and out of the car. I constant whirr sound. It's factory, but I am wondering if it's contributing to my other problems.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
When these cars were new, the automotive journalists who took them out on test drives all wrote that " it sounded like a nest of bees were in the back"
but the fun of driving them made up for the discomfort. True story.

·
Registered
898 Posts
my whold dang omni is loud, its almost like an aluminum can riding down the road. i have a 255 walbro and its a slight hum, but is drownd out by 3in exhaust, stereo, and road noise.

these things are such a tin can i swear you can hear other people talking when you pass them....lol!

·
Registered
270 Posts
+1 lol I just took my back seat out completely and now I can hear it...255 walbro...loud humming just like everyone else said :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
mines easy to hear on start up...
http://www.youtube.com/v/CkhBBZi7FzI

but once it's started the exhaust noise drowns it out :) but that has something to do with my inteior looking like this + a drivers seat at the moment... and yes the spare tire wheel well has been removed, i need to cut and rivet that sheet metal over the cut (it's how i got the car)

note that the fuel pump is now a 195lph walpro in tank with external pump delete... should quiet down with a full tank of fuel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts