Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much would a completely stock 93' IROC R/T engine and tranny with 48kmls be? I'm looking around but man these prices are scaring me! Please let me know what I would be looking at for this Thanks Jim

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
a good head is about 700, turbo 200, block ? motor is worth with all the goadies, fuel rail etc, sensors, everything to have it run , i'd say around 1000$. the trans i would think about 400-500$. im not even taking into consideration the mileage on the motor, more the rarity and pass going prices

·
Registered
809 Posts
You might never find just a 93 R/T motor and trans for sale. Only 181 made and probably 1/3 don't exist anymore. I would widen the search to any T3 motor/trans and not be too picky about milage.

·
Registered
683 Posts
You're probably better off finding a really rough bodied or totaled Spirit R/T and buy it just for the driveline. It'll most likely be cheaper in the end than just buying a motor and tranny.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
A 50k mile R/T can have just as much or more trouble as a 150k R/T.

My 50k mile R/T has the common water leak behind the head as well as a oil pan gasket which leaks oil as fast as you can put it in. The car is parked 'till I can pull the engine and completely re-seal it. It has also had it's transmission replaced as well as the turbo. The car has also had it's head replaced under warranty years ago....and this car was bought NEW and owned by a old man in his 60's and the miles are documented!!!!

On the other hand I owned a 120k Spirit R/T which leaked nothing and had been driven hard all it's life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts