Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we all at some point need to build up our blocks. Some have been honed which wears down the cylinder walls. I'd like my engine to have a fresh start. Just to run this by you guys, the internals are the only difference between the n/a nd turbo blocks. So the transition should be fairly straight foward. My idea is simply to get an n/a block, and have it rebuilt with t2 rods, t3 pistons, and all new berrings. Seems like a sound concept.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Are you thinking of going one of the later TBI blocks since they are cross drilled. If you do go the later TBI block it will the reinforcement between the back freeze plugs. You say that you are going to use T2 rods with T3 pistons? You know about how the valve relives won't match up and that you will have some hefty compression. If you already checked out this thread http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83275
and you are going to use the G-head with some chamber work and the TIII pistons have fun. I bet that would be a tough cheep engine.

Daniel Merrill

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was an interesting read. T2 pistons are still doable, but I was looking for a cheap way to use forged. As long as the car is tuned, there won't be an issue. Still want a CB though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts