Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**disclaimer**this is not meant for robbing people parts/secrets

If you have ever broken your hood release cable or you hood no longer lifts out of the latch on its own I have the solution for you!!

If you stick you hand into the hole that the pliers are in the photo... PALM UP! in the front grill on your first gen Daytona with your left hand and find the first centre beam if you reach right behind it and up as high as you can you will feel a square thing thy seem out of place (size of scrabble peice) ad push it towards the drivers side of the car (your right) the hood will open... I have fairly large hands and can do it in under five seconds. I don't know if I could also do this on a 89 style front but it will be the same concept just getting your hand through the hole will be harder. And make sure your palm is face up or you'll hurt yourself :p

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't think of a situation for your unless you were missing your left hand and in that case it may be difficult to hold and swing a sledge hmer

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
I can

I worked a summer job at my local wreaker

they had a large building with a raised deck in the middle
they would bring in severial cars and set them on 5 foot tall stands with the front ends faceing the deck

we would pull the wheels , gastanks and cats from below then go up on the deack to pull the rads alternators and anything that looked like it was still worth somthin

dealing with wreacks / scrap all day you come across alot of cars where the hood release don't work and it gets to be a bit much goin up & down for nothin tryin to pull hood releases

sooo. I found a shortcut .

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
man I saw stuff there that would make you cry
a tan on tan 71 runner with a mint body (383 slapstick car) - pressed
in one day 4 68-69 amx's came in stuffed with amx parts - pressed
more 67-9 mustangs than ya wanna count - pressed

·
Registered
89 Posts
man I saw stuff there that would make you cry
a tan on tan 71 runner with a mint body (383 slapstick car) - pressed
in one day 4 68-69 amx's came in stuffed with amx parts - pressed
more 67-9 mustangs than ya wanna count - pressed

I ran a salvage yard from 1980-84. Some of the stuff we crushed would be worth a bundle today. Most of it was police impound and you couldn't title to them. A 1970 or so Boss Mustang, '57 Chevy Belair, Nomad wagon, '68 GTX and lots of 50's cars that would be gold today. They were just old cars then.

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
was the summer of 86 I worked in that yard

next year after I found a 70 sattilite rag top in the yard - 592 us production

was white with white interior and top
but when I opened the hood , doors and trunk it was PINK !

318 bench seat car

I told a local mopar guy who runs a mopar only yard here about it - I hear it got saved
I need to hook up with him again because whoever has it now would prob like to have the broadcast sheet I have from it lol

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
This trick probably wont work on any other year daytona except first gens, since the hood mechanism is different as well as covered by the nose. Also, 84-85 hoods have the latch positioned in a diffferent position than this one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts