Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a massive oil/coolant leak (its fixed now) and the oil turned all milky and the coolant turned all oily. How the hell do I flush the engine out clean and get all this crap out of everything so I can put new coolant and oil in?

I'm thinking for the engine oil, I get the engine warm so it re-liquefies all the jelly milky oil/coolant gunk and then drain the oil while its hot. But then how do I get every last bit of residue out?

For the coolant I think I could just drain it and then run prestone cleaner through it and that would probably clean all the residue out.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
I'd drain the oil first, put fresh oil in it, run it hot, drain again, fill again, and repeat once more.

Drain all coolant, run it hot with water and radiator flush, drain, run it with water 'til hot, drain, and repeat once more before you put coolant in.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
To flush the coolant you could do like my co worker does. He's got this peice of triangular rubber that he's drilled a hole through. He puts it on a garden hose and open the draincock in the radiator. This flushes the rad pretty good and he will periodically start the car so that the water pump will circulate the old junk out.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
The parts store sells a flushing kit for the cooling system too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts