Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a greddy type rs CLONE (not a real greddy) blow off valve. its has a 2.5 tube with a flange, so it fits into my intercooler setup perfectly.

BUT..how do I adjust it?

Is there a minimum amount of boost I need to generate for it to work?

How do I connect it to vacuum? Straight to the intake manifold?

·
Registered
898 Posts
yeah i dont think you need a minium to run it. yes, run it off the manifold vaccum source. thats all, just an extra hose (vac) from manifold.

as far as adjusting it, i dont think it neccessary unless you start to run higher boost levels and it starts to leak.

·
Registered
105 Posts
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha homie if you dont know how to hook up a bov you shouldn't drive a TDhahahaahahahahahaha lmfo wow

·
Registered
262 Posts
simple answer is it goes inline between the throttle body and intercooler outlet and the vacuum nipple either gets run to the manifold vacuum port or can also be run from the throttle body fom what ive seen on some diagrams. but like ZachT said just run it off the manifold. if running the stock vacuum lines just T into one

·
Banned
3 Posts
put it as close to the throttle body for best results. on these cars, everything vacuum related hooks up to the manifold source, either with a vacuum block or a big tee with smaller tees after that.

the adjustment is for spring pressure on the valve, adjust it untill it leaks, then turn it down untill it stops leaking, you dont want to over adjust it.

*hey zach, did you know how to hook up a bov or understand the vacuum system on these cars before you learned? do you know everything there is to know about these cars? i am sure you have asked questions too, i doubt you just only post on here to solve everybodys issues.*

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help guys. im not as much of a clueless newbie as it looks, i was using a crappy knock-off bov that didnt work in the first place, and i wasnt sure if restrictors were needed or something odd like that, i bought a real greddy bov and it works GREAT!

is leaking that little squeaking sound i hear when i blip the throttle a teeny bit at idle? its like a sad little sigh...like 'weeeeeee'

·
Banned
3 Posts
no that is when it comes up and touches 0 psi no vac or boost and you let off, i had a 5 spd mini with the stock bov on the outside of the box and it had that lil "tink" sound when you just touched the gas and let off.

when your on the gas hard and in boost, you would notice it leaking, you would either hear it leaking or if it was bad you wouldnt be able to boost to your set psi limit.

my white r/t ran 16psi and the stock r/t bov (supposed to be good to 16psi) after 13psi it would start leaking, but i could still hold 16 psi, but you could hear it after 13psi, like a "cooooouuuuu" sound.

·
Registered
521 Posts
yeah i dont think you need a minium to run it. yes, run it off the manifold vaccum source. thats all, just an extra hose (vac) from manifold.

as far as adjusting it, i dont think it neccessary unless you start to run higher boost levels and it starts to leak.
unless someone else had tightened it up before he got it.

loosen it of most the way and then only tighten it if it seems to leak.

·
Registered
105 Posts
well actually i do have questions mostly on how much abuse the parts will take after that these cars are suprisinly simple to the point that i only use 3 vac lines 1to the brake booster 2 to the waste gate and 3 to the fpr oops sorry 4 one to my bov other then that hell i write computers for these cars ever heard of Moparchem?? and on that note acannell im sorry fur bein a dick

·
Banned
3 Posts
these cars are simple, but until you start to learn about them, they seem a little confusing. yeah i am familiar moparchem and flashing eproms, etc.

dont you run a 5th vac line to your map sensor too?

·
Registered
105 Posts
these cars are simple, but until you start to learn about them, they seem a little confusing. yeah i am familiar moparchem and flashing eproms, etc.

dont you run a 5th vac line to your map sensor too?
no i actually t it off of the wastegate line just before the waste gate solinoid and the way it positioned it only a 2 inch piece of vac line easyily forgetable and ya mopar chem i helped write the original zchem program ive been using it since the begining 5 years ago

·
Registered
105 Posts
thats cool, so you got a huge jump on it. both my white and red r/t's have ND neil emiro ecu's on them.
yes ill give this one i have no idea wat a "neil emiro ecu "is lol call me one tracked but ive never used anything besides chem never a g-valve never an afpr and never fooled the comp and yet im still making some were in the neiborhood of 3 to 400 on an 8 valve

·
Registered
273 Posts
im sure you got a good deal on the Greddy clone, ive used them on civics, i dont reccommend... They are extremely cheap and they dont really have the same sound as a matter of fact import tuner did a story on knock off parts maybe you should check it out.

but hey im not gonna rag i wish i had a turbo going on my horizon so i could grab a Greddy bov. maybe once you get it hooked up you can make a video or record the sound :D see if its the cheap clone im thinking of...

·
Banned
3 Posts
ND (neil & donna) neil emiro is the guy that started making the first public sold cals, he shut down business in 1999 and cindy at fwd performance took over his operation.

you could google his name to find out more.

·
Banned
3 Posts
there is no mistaking the greddy type s sound, it is a distinctive flutter sound vs a loud whoosh. if you want to hear it, pop in fast and furious and listen to the spyder.

·
Registered
105 Posts
na boys i got da bomb of a bov my very first bov i had on a td stock bov with a duck caller electrical taped to it vvvvvvroooooommmmm quackkkk vroooommmm quackkkkk is exactly wat it sounded like

1 - 20 of 24 Posts