Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just bought this rear louver for my Daytona. I am going to paint it fresh black and install it. How should i put it on. Some guy told me to take off the rubber around the window and slide the brackets under it and with silicon put back the rubber. Is there any other way or is this the easiest? I dont want it to fly away while im on highway :D Please let me know the best and safest way. Thanks. I'll show some pics after its been installed and painted. This is the original i got.

· Registered
9,292 Posts
dont use the foam 3m double sided. Get only the automotive grade double sided tape, it has a red plastic backing and its gray tape. the white foam one will deterior quickly and it will fly off. all you need to do is clean the glass, clean the metal pieces with alcohol and then put the tape on the metal pieces. affix them to the glass well and mount the louver and you are finished

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so your saying get the auto double side tape, put it on the brackets and put the brackets on the window, not under the weather rubber strips. Thanks for the pic. on the picture shows the same thing you guys are saying put it on the window. So i'll do that. Thanks again

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just painted it and going to install it today. I'll open a new thread to show it from original to painted and then installed in my car. I have a good feeling it would turn nicely. Oh and i went to Lordco and they said the best they got for these stuff is this its called "Double coated Acrylic foam tape and the plastic around it is red, the actual tape is grey. Dimension 7/8" x 15' x .031" and the second part 22mm x 4.5M x 0.8mm. Hope this is the right one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.