Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a rebuilt head, and what appears to be a "Purple" mopar camshaft unless anyone else knows of another cam that is half painted purple.

The rebuilt head has roller followers, and i think i see some soft wear marks (Ghost stripes if you will) in the cam where roller lifters were once riding on it.

How do you tell if its a roller cam or not???

· Banned
1,701 Posts
Hey guys, i have a rebuilt head, and what appears to be a "Purple" mopar camshaft unless anyone else knows of another cam that is half painted purple.

The rebuilt head has roller followers, and i think i see some soft wear marks (Ghost stripes if you will) in the cam where roller lifters were once riding on it.

How do you tell if its a roller cam or not???
roller cams have lobes that are 1/2" wide and flat follower cams are about 3/4" wide. never run a roller follower on a flat cam, you loose a lot of duration, the ramp events are way off and the flat cam isn't hard enough to handle the pressure of the roller single contact point

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.