Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy is selling a somewhat rough early build 84 Shelby Charger that is an an
automatic trans car and I am interested .
It was built 9/84
He wants a $1000 for it .
Paint is all faded but car is mostly complete
Blue with stripes.Frame is good and it kind of runs
Has ground effects and louver etc
I 'd like it just for the 4 lug pizza wheels for my Omni

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
A guy here in MN had a SFB 83 auto SC. It was AZ car, zero rust on it. Fresh so-so paint. Guy went through engine because he thought it was down on power. Fresh engine had no more power (hehe). I guess he thought rebuilding engine would increase power output by 100%. Was for sale for at least two years. It got passed around from local to local owner for a few years, occasionally showing up at big Mopar in the Park show. Haven't seen it now for a few years.
My point is an auto SC might be rare, but that doesn't make it real desirable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A guy here in MN had a SFB 83 auto SC. It was AZ car, zero rust on it. Fresh so-so paint. Guy went through engine because he thought it was down on power. Fresh engine had no more power (hehe). I guess he thought rebuilding engine would increase power output by 100%. Was for sale for at least two years. It got passed around from local to local owner for a few years, occasionally showing up at big Mopar in the Park show. Haven't seen it now for a few years.
My point is an auto SC might be rare, but that doesn't make it real desirable.
idk, would still like to have one just for the novelty factor. Would probably be desirable in another 10-20 years lol

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
I think $1,000 is a good price if there isn't anything missing on the car.
The 1983-1/2 and 1984 SC cars could be ordered with an automatic and there was a dealer installed option for cruise control that was controlled from the left side stalk on the steering column.
A rarest of rare '83 or '84 car would be silver with blue center stripe, automatic transmission, no sunroof, and dealer installed cruise control.
Here's the NADA guide on the '83 SC (although it's not necessarily accurate).
1983 Shelby Automobiles 1983.5 Shelby Charger 2 Door Coupe Prices, Values & 1983.5 Shelby Charger 2 Door Coupe Price Specs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts