Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I bought a shelby daytona about a week ago and have been driving it the whole week it runs fine shifted fine and 3 days after i had it i was on the interstate at 70mph and it came out of 5th gear and when i put it back it in it would stay until i hit the gas, then grind its way back out of gear. when it cooled down i didnt have that problem hasnt dont it in 3 days or so.

Last night :bang head

I was on the freeway at 80mph driving normal and got off on an exit and when i was making the turn i boosted it and went to 3rd and it wouldnt go into 3rd, so i went to 4th no 4th but it did go into 5th and i kept it in 5th for awhile and drove thinking about waht to do. i got to a light and tryued to go to any other gear from a stop and it wouldnt go anywhere but 5th AND when the cars in NEUTRAL and i let the clutch out it stalls like its still in gear. It smelled terrible when i got it stopped i think i burnt the clutch up trying to get moving in 5th, but why no other gears and why is the car still under power in neutral?? The cars sitting across town i cant get it till tomorrow anyone have any guess's or seen something like this? thanks alot!

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 2 other shelby daytonas back where i used to live in west virginia and have 2 motors and 2 trans for the cars. I have a motor and a trans on a stand for an 87 pacifica turbo1, that runs great good trans. Will this bolt to my turbo2 89 shelby?

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there a place on the net that i can go to see what trans came in what year of daytona and which ones will bolt up to what?

i have 4-5 tranmissions for daytonas a few im not sure what year or model....all of them are good and mine is bad i need one of them I need to see which ones will bolt in fairly easily

Thanks alot guys

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the trans is gone. Its kinda hard to explain.......when the cars runing with the clutch pushed in you can go into any gear, putting it into first and letting the clutch out you can feel the car lurch forward, then it stops and if you slip the clutch it will actualy build boost trying to move and it wont. If you put it into reverse, the car will lurch back but stop and wont move unless the clutch is pushed in. The clutch is working, and 5th gear works too the car will take off in 5th but no other gears the trans is locked i guess.

· Registered
4,660 Posts
go to thedodgegarage.com, Gary has a transaxle guide on the leftside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.