Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Date: 10th May 2012
Username: Stratman
Full Name: Chris Robertson
City, State, Zip: Seagoville, TX 75159
Price: $350 shipped

Description: A-413 Hughes Performance torque converter. Best for street/race performance with a stock to moderate cam in 2.2. Was installed on my 2.2 CSX 50 trim with good results and MPG on a daily, but not as good at the drag strip as the 4000 RPM stall. Sold CSX. This should be an excellent converter for 2.5 and Hybrid/16 valve with A-413. Used part so it is sold as is, was in great working condition when removed.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it made for the A413 ?
What are the difference with a stock converter ?
Sorry for that info not in description. It is for a A-413. It was in my CSX and would hit a max of 3200 RPM stall when engine was running real strong and pushing it hard.
This unit is upgraded with better internals and higher stall than stock. Please look up race converters on Hughes Performance website for more detailed info.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much it costs new ?
How many miles does it have ?
Paid $425
Ran it for a year before I changed cam and replaced with 4000 stall for full race. Maybe 20,000 miles. Used only ATF+4 fluid.

History on converter is:
First install, stall was 2600 RPM.
Sent back to Hughes for adjustment.
Second install 2800-3000 RPM average which was good for me on street.
Converter was removed, put back in box, and has been inside house since.
Did not work well with high lift/duration race cam on 2.2.
Worked better with low/moderate lift cam in street application.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The converter never sold. Price has been reduced to 175 shipped. All TD stuff has to go. Will post more items as I dig them out.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
what year A-413 did this come out of as i am interested, but my a413 has a electronic solenoid on it

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
dang, my trans is a 92 lockup, if it would've worked for me i would take it in a heartbeat

Good Luck With The Sale

1 - 16 of 16 Posts