Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Hurst shifter 2 1/4 or 2 3/8?
I want to get a new shift ball, but don't want to get the wrong size.
If it is the 2 1/4,will a non-threaded shift ball in that size fit on the threaded end of the shifter?
Thanks

·
Registered
17,709 Posts
All I can tell you is that the thread is 3/8 and some shift balls come with adapter sleeves. It all depends on what you're trying to fir to the shifter. But 3/8 is pretty common and lots of shift balls fit it.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. When I put in the Hurst, I cut out the threaded sleeve from their shift knob and cored out the OEM to fit it. I had to trim the top of the threaded sleeve b/c it protruded out of the shift ball. Looks ok now, but I wanted to get a new ball that'll fit the shifter threading. 3/8 sounds right.

·
Registered
642 Posts
PT Blueman
is there a noticable difference in the shifting between the stock 5speed and the hurst shifter? if there is, i might be interested in it, but if not, then i will stop thinkin about it....

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a little crisper b/c of the shift stop. Otherwise throw is a little shorter and more defined. Stock shifter is great but a little balky.
It's nicer looking, tho i put the stock boot and cue ball on so it looks the same. Just notable b/c of Hurst stick :)

·
Registered
17,709 Posts
PT Blueman said:
I wanted to get a new ball that'll fit the shifter threading. 3/8 sounds right.
Of course, with the Hurst, you don't have to go with a shift ball...

;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts