Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Im not 100% on this. I've read there is no piston to valve issues but I cant remember the compression ratio it gives you.
james

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok how much? and i shoud know this but i cant for the life of me remember. what block do those fit? common block 2.2 or what? sorry if i sound stupid but i'm not into TIII's that much....they are like foren food they look nice but dont agree lol

·
Registered
332 Posts
ok how much? and i shoud know this but i cant for the life of me remember. what block do those fit? common block 2.2 or what? sorry if i sound stupid but i'm not into TIII's that much....they are like foren food they look nice but dont agree lol
they are for the common block but i believe they will work in any 2.2 block.
i don't have any rods for them you can use 89 up 2.5 rods or any tII rods. they are missing 4 of the c clips for the wrist pins but do have the wrist pins. and of course you'll have to buy rings. i don't really want to go any lower then $75 + shipping if your interested. i was saving them for a hybrid my self.
or i can make a package deal on the pistons and a 01 DOHC head with cams?
also have a common block:D

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not that those are not a good deal i just dont have rods or a common block.well block lol all i have is 86 2.2TI blocks plus i dont want to take your parts for your car.

but just out of curiosity will a 2.0 SOHC head work? lol i have one i could use but i am getting a DOHC neon from the junk yard tomarrow. :thumb:

·
Registered
332 Posts
not that those are not a good deal i just dont have rods or a common block.well block lol all i have is 86 2.2TI blocks plus i dont want to take your parts for your car.

but just out of curiosity will a 2.0 SOHC head work? lol i have one i could use but i am getting a DOHC neon from the junk yard tomarrow. :thumb:
there is a few people that have done a SOHC i believe.
on the pistons i guess technically you don't have to use tII rods the wrist pin size and length are still the same, there just a stronger rod.
it's no big deal on stealing my project parts i'm actually going to try to sell all spare parts i have. :D

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i figured i'd ask becuse i have a SOHC head and i was thinking do that on my charger. but i'm getting the hole neon tomarrow becuse they didnt have time to dig it out so i could houl it today...and as for the rods i have a sert of 86 TI rods i ground the casting line off of so i figured those would work untill i get the money to get a set of forged H beams....and i dont kow why but i just thought of this could i use the 2.0 pistons? :p i'm kidding i'd rather try the TI first. and will there be any clearance issue with the TI pistons and the valves(sp?) or should i be just fine?
and thanks for the help!!!:thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts