Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. ok i cant figure out where to put the oil feed in the head on my hybrid..theres the oil port on back of head, the oil port on side of head.....

2. what type of drain you running? pic would help.

3. what head gasket you using? the 2.0/2.4 or 2.2/2.5??? pics would help

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help..

and what type of restrictor? becuse i was going to use a 3/8 steal braded hose. as my feed. and the drains do you have a better pic of them?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
a restrictor, whatever you can find/make that doesnt give the full 3/8 line of oil to the head. in the stock block the restrictor is .140" so use that as a max

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks for the help....and even though i asked this i'm still not clear what gasket do i use? the 2.0 or the 2.2? i'm useing a 2.2 block and a2.0 DOHC head...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Most including myself use the neon gasket since it's a nice multi layer steel gasket instead of the composite TD style gasket.

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have a few pics from mock-up but not the end result.
As for the knock sensor in pic #4, don't put it there. mine just melted.
Currently looking for a new location for my new sensor.

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks!! what size fitting are those?
and i cant see your fuel rail, but what are you using for that?
how did you plug the stock oil drains in the block? and do you have to block any water ports off or anything like that? i know how to tig so the head is easy, but i cant figure out the block..

·
Registered
145 Posts
pretty much my only confusion is the electronics.

how are you using that cam position sensor??

can i have my sbec flashed to utilize the hep/neon coil app that 90tdvan uses??

my car is a 91 a568 2.5t1

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

i'm not useing the cam sensor..i'm going this route

·
Registered
538 Posts
ok thanks!! what size fitting are those?
and i cant see your fuel rail, but what are you using for that?
how did you plug the stock oil drains in the block? and do you have to block any water ports off or anything like that? i know how to tig so the head is easy, but i cant figure out the block..
The drain fittings are -8an, I consider it to be the minimum. -10 wouldn't hurt.

The fuel rail is off a Stratus, so is the intake and valve cover.

For the block modifications just drill and tap. I used square head pipe plugs (3/8" I think) to block the 3 oil drains. I also plugged the oil supply port (1/8" I think) and drilled the crankcase pressure equalization passage so it would line up properly with the head.
Do this before you get your block deck machined.

I don't use the cmp sensor either, it's actually not there anymore. It leaked oil anyway.:mad:

I ran a stock T1 smec until I got the turbo on now I socketed my smec and use a D-cal calibration. 89_T1_MTX_3-Bar_SwBst_CE_+40 is the one I use, haven't needed to modify it yet.
If you can get a 16v hybrid running the you can also socket your own ecm!:thumb:

And just to compare distributor clearance, the Stratus intake looks roomier underneath.

Sorry for the big post!:eek:

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey another question...ok on the head did you guy plug it from the bottom or top? becuse i was looking at it today and it looks like you can plug it from the top...or will it keep the head cool if i plug from bottom?

and i DONT have to mess with the coolant passages at all?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I plugged mine from the bottom, it's just easier to do I though. Make sure it's well sealed though cause I think mines leaking a bit.

You don't need to touch the cooling passages but I did port to match the neon head gasket.

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
i'm making aluminum plugs and welding them in. so they shouldnt leak but then i've heard that before!! what did you use to plug your head? and how are you doing the top hose?

oh i found a nother neon head so if anyone wants my mock up one its for sell...just PM me and i'll give you details..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts