Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice on how to fix a recurring problem with the valve rocker arm coming off the No. 1 cyl. exhaust valve on my '86 2.2 T1. This is the 3rd time its happened. The hydraulic valve lash adjuster has oil in it and it isn't weak of spongy. Do these adjusters just need to be replaced periodically or is there something else I need to look for? No problems with the other adjusters which are all original parts.

Thx, Don

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
upgrade to a factory roller cam. Might want to try some PT cruiser lifters as well. For info on those contact "The Pope" here.

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
there is a FAQ on the PTs on the BM forum, I still sell the washers. I never hear much back on them, but I sell a set a weak though and no complaints.

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
IMO, on a TI log set-up the '85-'86 slider cam makes more power than the later roller cam set-up does.

logs love cams, try putting in a 767 carb cam lol. The roller in your car is retarded in cam timing, which also hurts it. But if you like the slider and will keep the log try the 767.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
logs love cams, try putting in a 767 carb cam lol. The roller in your car is retarded in cam timing, which also hurts it. But if you like the slider and will keep the log try the 767.
That being the case...
I bought an 85 Charger T1 logger, which had already been swapped to a roller cam. What can I do to compensate for the, uh, retardation? lol

Could i advance dist timing 2-4 degrees?
Should i go forward a tooth on belt?

Thanks pope

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
That being the case...
I bought an 85 Charger T1 logger, which had already been swapped to a roller cam. What can I do to compensate for the, uh, retardation? lol

Could i advance dist timing 2-4 degrees?
Should i go forward a tooth on belt?

Thanks pope
FWDPerformance.com

give this a try, it is an adjustible cam pulley, one tooth is too far.

Or just buy a MP 767 cam lol instead of a pulley.

·
Registered
282 Posts
IF you are dropping a rocker on a certian cylinder check that valve seat for coming lose i used to see that a lot in the dealership also swap that lifter with another cyl and see if the problem moves to another cyl.
James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts