Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked it over and i see no easy way to route my intercooler piping except dropping both hot and cold pipes down below the radiator and back up at 90 degree angles. My FMIC will be right in front of the radiator in between the headlights.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my car those holes leading from the bay to the air dam are like less than 2 inches, i was thinking about just widining them.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That'll work,thanks guys. side question what is the point of the hose leading to the airbox to the back. Its not for the BOV or PCV its a line leading from the turbo to the airbox and tees off to god knows where!

·
Administrator
25,012 Posts
How will you support the radiator is you remove the factory intercooler?
It bolts to and supports the rad on the drivers side.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Probably a home made mount.thanks for the pics should I buy a catch can or just put a small filter on the pcv? So where should I lead the oil drain back. I was thinking about jusr. Bypassing the T

·
Administrator
25,012 Posts
I was curious about the radiator because the intercooler mounting is the reason VNT rads are near impossible to find.
The 2.5L T-1 rad is the same length as the VNT with the intercooler installed.

I cannot really answer your questions about a catch can.
Somebody will correct me if I am wrong but you may only need to attach a small filter to the breather side of the tee so you have a filtered fresh air intake for the PCV system.

I assume you are installing an aftermarket BOV.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are correct about the catch can. Im more worried about what to do with the coolant container as it is blocking the lower hole people are running there piping through.I already have an aftermarket BOV

·
Administrator
25,012 Posts
You can move the coolant reservoir or install a universal aftermarket unit that is smaller.

All the reservoir does is contain coolant that is released from the rad as it expands and pressure builds and then it is drawn back in as the coolant in the rad contracts.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing can be easy on this car... what are some things that would make an aftermarekt one non compatible

·
Administrator
25,012 Posts
You just need to find a place for it to fit.
The 89 T-2 is very similar so maybe someone can tell you what they did with the reservoir.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts